Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Loss is on jesse

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Loss is on jesse

I'm not made at JJ with this statement, it just happened. Long story short, everything else that happen before and after JJ's bobble and no TD matters not. He has a clean easy catch with no one around him and maintains its a win. Everything else does not matter.

Starter

User Info Menu

Hard to say. Hindsight, he should have been more protective of the ball, but he felt the end zone and wanted it. I'm still not sure he didn't catch that, even under the stupid rule that was applied.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Just to follow up, JJ makes that catch............Ben has a 3 TD game, another last second win, beats Brady, Halley's game plan worked and the D did just enough to get the win.
    Those would be the topics of this forum not all the other crap. JJ dropped an open TD pass to win the game.
    It happens, JJ is a good TE, just bad luck at the wrong time.

Starter

User Info Menu

I don't think anyone thinks he dropped the pass, in any kind of sense of reality. What he didn't do was complete the catch under a weird, relatively new NFL rule. No doubt he caught the ball.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KYPITTFAN View Post
    Just to follow up, JJ makes that catch............Ben has a 3 TD game, another last second win, beats Brady, Halley's game plan worked and the D did just enough to get the win.
    Those would be the topics of this forum not all the other crap. JJ dropped an open TD pass to win the game.
    It happens, JJ is a good TE, just bad luck at the wrong time.
    You highlight well, the difference between a ham and egger like him and a better player. There are others who should feel the same way. For example: Sean Davis. Not faulting him for being Gronk's b--. But he (Davis) had the chance to end the whole game by making a gift INT early on that drive. He does that--and Gronk never abuses him on consecutive same plays, followed by the 2 pointer.

Davis could've ended the game right there. But like Jesse James (above), he failed to do something relatively simple.
    Guys and gals,
    If you play fantasy football, go to the FF forum here and read my thread. I'd appreciate some feedback on it.

Legend

User Info Menu

I disagree. He tried to make a really hard play and couldn't. This idea that perfection is the only measure of success isn't one I am on board with. It's possible even AB might not have made that catch, he dropped an easier one in the EZ before his ankle got slammed, no one's perfect.

The Outlaw tried to make a play, it didn't quite happen under these F** NFL rules of a "catch". JJ has done a good job for us this year, and he was just trying to do what he could to win the game.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    I disagree. He tried to make a really hard play and couldn't. This idea that perfection is the only measure of success isn't one I am on board with. It's possible even AB might not have made that catch, he dropped an easier one in the EZ before his ankle got slammed, no one's perfect.

The Outlaw tried to make a play, it didn't quite happen under these F** NFL rules of a "catch". JJ has done a good job for us this year, and he was just trying to do what he could to win the game.
    OK, I'm being a little hard on him because it was a catch and score in the rest of the universe except Earth... I guess I'm just frustrated (can't sleep). I stand by my Sean Davis remark though. I hope he's still up too.
    Guys and gals,
    If you play fantasy football, go to the FF forum here and read my thread. I'd appreciate some feedback on it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, Davis had an acute case of Ike-itis on that almost pic though.

(Ironic that Ike's hands were so bad, but he's getting slammed for being "handsy" with the office staff. I guess he was just trying to compensate!)

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    I don't think anyone thinks he dropped the pass, in any kind of sense of reality. What he didn't do was complete the catch under a weird, relatively new NFL rule. No doubt he caught the ball.
    Someone in New York decided he didn’t complete the catch under a weird relatively new NFL rule. A rule that is inconsistently called and enforced throughout the NFL.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Steelers need a real TE, and I'm not saying this because of yesterday. I'm saying this because they do. They don't need a tight end who catches the ball and look for the clearest exit to the ground. He's been doing this his whole career. Yesterday he had NOOOO reason to do it, catch the ball and walk in PLAIN AND SIMPLE, there was not one reason to dive in the first place.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]