Thread: Injury Report vs. New England

Legend

User Info Menu

Injury Report vs. New England

Week 15 Injury Report (Patriots)

Posted 17 hours ago

A look at player injuries and practice participation for Week 15.

Here is the current injury report for the Steelers' Week 15 game vs. New England.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

PITTSBURGH; DID NOT PARTICIPATE
    WR Martavis Bryant (Not Injury Related)
    CB Coty Sensabaugh (Shoulder)
    TE Vance McDonald (Shoulder)
    DE Stephon Tuitt (Illness)

NEW ENGLAND; DID NOT PARTICIPATE
    DL Alan Branch (Knee)

PITTSBURGH; LIMITED PARTICIPATION
    CB Joe Haden (Fibula)
    LB Tyler Matakevich (Shoulder)

NEW ENGLAND; LIMITED PARTICIPATION
    CB Malcolm Butler (Ankle)
    DL Trey Flowers (Rib)
    CB Stephon Gilmore (Ankle)
    LB David Harris (Ankle)
    WR Chris Hogan (Shoulder)
    DB Brandon King (Hamstring)
    DL Eric Lee (Ankle)
    WR Matthew Slater (Hamstring)
    LB Kyle Van Noy (Calf)
    OT LaAdrian Waddle (Ankle)
    DL Deatrich Wise Jr. (Foot)

PITTSBURGH; FULL PARTICIPATION
    No players listed

NEW ENGLAND; FULL PARTICIPATION
    QB Tom Brady (Achilles)
    WR Brandin Cooks (Hand)

Difference maker in the middle needed to replace Shazier.

Offer picks 1.28 & 3.92 plus WR Martavis Bryant to ARZ for pick 1.15. They only have 5 draft picks now, plus their WR's are undersized (John Brown & J.J. Nelson both 5'10") or old (Larry Fitzgerald 35 y.o.).

Gets us ahead of BAL at 1.16, who's looking to replace the retired ILB Zach Orr.

1.15 Georgia ILB Roquan Smith 6'0" 225
    2.60 Stanford FS Justin Reid 6'1" 204

Legend

User Info Menu

Posted 11 minutes ago

Here is the current injury report for the Steelers' Week 15 game vs. New England.

Thursday, December 14, 2017

DID NOT PARTICIPATE

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
    CB Joe Haden (Fibula)
    WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (Hamstring)
    C Maurkice Pouncey (Hip)

FULL PARTICIPATION

http://www.steelers.com/news/injuryreport/article-4/Week-15-Injury-Report-Patriots/c34e6fee-5800-4ced-ab91-011b9f94a0ed

Offer picks 1.28 & 3.92 plus WR Martavis Bryant to ARZ for pick 1.15. They only have 5 draft picks now, plus their WR's are undersized (John Brown & J.J. Nelson both 5'10") or old (Larry Fitzgerald 35 y.o.).

Gets us ahead of BAL at 1.16, who's looking to replace the retired ILB Zach Orr.

Legend

User Info Menu

Tom Brady has full practices this week

Posted by Charean Williams on December 14, 2017, 6:53 PM EST

Tom Brady has gotten in full practices this week for the first time since Week 11.

“Just feeling better,” Brady said, via Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald. “It’s a short week, so I just try to get out there and practice. I take it week to week, and I feel really good this week so I’m very happy about that.”

Brady, though, remains on the injury report with the minor Achilles injury.

The Patriots had only two players miss practice Thursday, with defensive lineman Alan Branch (knee) and cornerback Johnson Bademosi (illness) sitting out.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/14/tom-brady-has-full-practices-this-week/

Legend

User Info Menu

Posted 5 minutes ago

Joe Haden returned to practice in a limited role this week, the first time he was on the practice field since fracturing his fibula against the Colts on Nov. 12.

Haden, who is questionable for Sunday's game against the New England Patriots at Heinz Field, wants to play but knows he will be needed down the road as well.

"We are in the playoffs, we have something to look forward to," said Haden on Wednesday. "I don't want to go out there half (way), and be out there hurting the team, hurting myself. Knowing we have games coming, knowing I am on my way back. I want to play if I can play, if I can't it is what it is."

The ups and downs of injuries have continued for Vance McDonald. McDonald returned to the field last week against the Ravens after missing the previous three games with an ankle injury. But, McDonald suffered a shoulder injury against the Ravens and left the game. He missed practice all week and has been ruled out.

Coty Sensabaugh was sidelined in practice on Wednesday and Thursday because of a shoulder injury suffered against the Ravens, but was a full participant on Friday and is questionable.

Tyler Matakevich, who missed the Ravens game, worked in a limited role on Wednesday and Thursday because of a shoulder injury suffered against the Bengals, was a full participant in practice on Friday and isn't on the status report.

There were two late additions to the injury report this week. JuJu Smith-Schuster, who missed the Ravens game serving a one-week suspension, was limited in practice with a hamstring injury on Thursday and Friday and is questionable for Sunday. Smith-Schuster missed the Packers game in Week 12 with a hamstring injury, but returned the following week against Cincinnati.

Maurkice Pouncey, the general of the offensive line, was also limited on Thursday with a hip injury but was a full participant on Friday and should be good to go.

Game Status

OUT

DOUBTFUL
    No players listed

QUESTIONABLE
    CB Joe Haden (Fibula)

Friday, December 15, 2017

DID NOT PARTICIPATE

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
    CB Joe Haden (Fibula)

FULL PARTICIPATION
    C Maurkice Pouncey (Hip)

http://www.steelers.com/news/injuryreport/article-4/Week-15-Injury-Report-Patriots/c34e6fee-5800-4ced-ab91-011b9f94a0ed

Legend

User Info Menu

2017-12-17 2:54 PM
    Steelers inactives for game vs. Patriots

JuJu Smith-Schuster, who missed the Ravens game serving a one-week suspension, was limited in practice with a hamstring injury on Thursday and Friday and was questionable heading into today's game against the Patriots at Heinz Field.

Smith-Schuster missed the Packers game in Week 12 with a hamstring injury, but returned the following week against Cincinnati. The good news, though, is he is active for today's game. With him active, Justin Hunter will be inactive.

Joe Haden returned to practice in a limited role this week, the first time he was on the practice field since fracturing his fibula against the Colts on Nov. 12. He gave it a go, but is inactive today.

Haden wanted to play but knows he will be needed down the road as well.

"We are in the playoffs, we have something to look forward to," said Haden earlier this week. "I don't want to go out there half (way), and be out there hurting the team, hurting myself. Knowing we have games coming, knowing I am on my way back. I want to play if I can play, if I can't it is what it is."

With Haden inactive, Coty Sensabaugh will be active. Sensabaugh was sidelined in practice on Wednesday and Thursday because of a shoulder injury suffered against the Ravens, but was a full participant on Friday.

The ups and downs of injuries have continued for Vance McDonald. McDonald returned to the field last week against the Ravens after missing the previous three games with an ankle injury. But, McDonald suffered a shoulder injury against the Ravens and left the game. He missed practice all week and is inactive for today's game.

Also inactive are Joshua Dobbs, Matt Feiler, Daniel McCullers and J.J. Wilcox.

Here are the players who will be inactive when the Steelers take on the Patriots.

Steelers Inactives
    No. 5 QB Joshua Dobbs
    No. 11 WR Justin Hunter
    No. 21 CB Joe Haden
    No. 27 S J.J. Wilcox
    No. 71 OT Matt Feiler
    No. 89 TE Vance McDonald
    No. 93 DT Daniel McCullers

Legend

User Info Menu

Patriots Inactives
    No. 15 WR Chris Hogan
    No. 35 RB Mike Gillislee
    No. 36 DB Brandon King
    No. 53 LB Kyle Van Noy
    No. 74 OL Cole Croston
    No. 92 DL Geneo Grissom
    No. 97 DL Alan Branch

Starter

User Info Menu

Was hoping trey flowers was out for them but van noy is big