Thread: Good News for Steelers vs NE

Legend

User Info Menu

Good News for Steelers vs NE

The Steelers open as 2.5 pt dogs for Sunday's game. I think they play better when not the favorite.
    But I wouldn't be surprised to see the line move to a push near game time.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Patriots placed RT Marcus Cannon on injured reserve with an ankle injury, ending his season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Looking at a few betting sites, the confidence on NE is not very strong. The offenses are almost identical except for one key area, RZ scoring. NE beats PIT hands down both on the offensive RZ and defensive RZ stats. Keep NE between the 20s and the Steelers have a chance.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Looking at a few betting sites, the confidence on NE is not very strong. The offenses are almost identical except for one key area, RZ scoring. NE beats PIT hands down both on the offensive RZ and defensive RZ stats.
    That is a pretty "key area".
    Until you get points from yardage totals its the only area that matters.

Keep them between the twenties and the Browns can beat the Pats my friend.
    Easier said than done.

Personally I think the key is if our defense can hold them to fewer points than we score........our chances are excellent,

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post

Easier said than done.

Personally I think the key is if our defense can hold them to fewer points than we score........our chances are excellent,
    I've said this many times ... when we come away with more points than the opposition we chalk up a win.

Legend

User Info Menu

You guys are killing me...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post

Easier said than done.

Pats are a very interesting team defensively. They are 29th in YPG against - only 3 teams have given up more yards. However, they are tied for 5th in points against. Tied with the Eagles, one point ahead of the Steelers who are 7th.

Part of that has to do with having such a good offense so opposing teams are starting drives at their own 25 and having further to drive, but part of that is red zone D. Give up a lot of yards but only concede a FG, not a TD.

For Red zone TD percentage, NE ranks 7th with 47.37%, the Steelers rank T-22nd at 58.06%.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Pats are a very interesting team defensively. They are 29th in YPG against - only 3 teams have given up more yards. However, they are tied for 5th in points against. Tied with the Eagles, one point ahead of the Steelers who are 7th.

Part of that has to do with having such a good offense so opposing teams are starting drives at their own 25 and having further to drive, but part of that is red zone D. Give up a lot of yards but only concede a FG, not a TD.

For Red zone TD percentage, NE ranks 7th with 47.37%, the Steelers rank T-22nd at 58.06%.
    Good insights. It seems a bit more murky. NE is #1 in the NFL in fewest opponent FGs made/gm. You would think they would rank lower if they are just letting opponents score FGs rather than score TDs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bottom line..

We need touchdowns when in the red zone; not field goals. First 4 trips into the red zone , we need 3 TD's out of those first four trips.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Put a 90% Haden on Gronk and then rush the hell out of Brady. I love my plan. Get this to Butler asap!
    2017 Mock

1. T.J Watt, OLB/DE, Wisconsin - will be a huge mistake if available and we pass

2. Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson

3. Josh Jones, S, N.C. State

3. Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland

4. Trey Hendrickson, DE, Florida Atlantic

5. Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M

6. Barry Sanders, RB, Oklahoma State (How can you go wrong with that name, however the sample size is so small that his dad may be better even in his 50's)

7. Alec Torgersen, QB, Pennsylvania