Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don't look now, but New England might be falling for the trap!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Nice W by Miami, but based on stellar play by their CBs. No lessons for the Steelers here; we don't have those CBs.

Miami did control the clock -- 35-25 -- so there's something there. But NE's game is not based on clock control.

Legend

User Info Menu

They got a ton of pressure on Brady..He's going to be sore this week.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    They got a ton of pressure on Brady..He's going to be sore this week.
    ^^. If the Steelers can't manage a win against NE, then at least rough up Brady enough to make him feel like he played a real football game.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 12-12-2017 at 01:11 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

They said he was nursing a sore achilles this week...Hopefully it pops 1st series on Sunday.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    ^^. If the Steelers can't manage a win against NE, then at least rough up Brady enough to make him feel like he played a real football game.
    62 was getting beat by Suh and friends, I gotta think Cam and his friends (remember too, Cam wasn't there last year) are licking their chops to line up on that guy. I think (hope) this could help equalize things a bit, or at least I can see Brady* having to adjust his facemask once or twice (from a hit).
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

So what lessons is our coaching staff gonna take away from tonight?

1) Have great corners
    2) Pressure Brady
    3) ?

Thanks!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Belichick's post game presser was classic.... had a full on ROTFL.

Media: "Coach, what happened on the on sides kick at the end?"
    Belichick: "They recovered it"

Media: "Coach, do you think the team was looking ahead to the game next week?"
    Belichick: "gimme a break....."

The guy really knows how to slam the door shut on stupid media people.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    So what lessons is our coaching staff gonna take away from tonight?

1) Have great corners
    2) Pressure Brady
    3) ?

Thanks!
    It's not just getting pressure. It's getting pressure with their base 4. They did blitz but it was change of pace. And the reason they could blitz is that the base 4 pressure was putting Marcia's head on a swivel. He was throwing much earlier than he likes.

Even his sliding in the pocket which is so devastatingly subtle but effective, was not enough for him to buy time because Miami screwed with his internal clock/rhythm.

Not having Gronk was a killer for them.

Look if we cannot play man and provide pressure with 4 then the only thing we can really hope for is long sustained drives and error free ball from the offense.

I still say Ben and company have to put up 35 to win on Sunday.

brothervad

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    It's not just getting pressure. It's getting pressure with their base 4. They did blitz but it was change of pace. And the reason they could blitz is that the base 4 pressure was putting Marcia's head on a swivel. He was throwing much earlier than he likes.

Even his sliding in the pocket which is so devastatingly subtle but effective, was not enough for him to buy time because Miami screwed with his internal clock/rhythm.

Not having Gronk was a killer for them.

Look if we cannot play man and provide pressure with 4 then the only thing we can really hope for is long sustained drives and error free ball from the offense.

I still say Ben and company have to put up 35 to win on Sunday.

brothervad
    Agree on many fronts, especially with regards to base 4 pressure and lo g sustained drives. I say have Jimmy Hate as our 4th DL and have Watt blanket Gronk with our Dbs stay strictly press... because if we have soso Qbs finding the soft areas in our zone coverage then the GOAT will just eat us up all game.

Conversely, I think our offensive game plan needs to be stellar and very short in terms of yardage yield per play. This will insure we keep that clock ticking and keep Brady dysrhythmic. Last night's game was a great example of how you beat the patriots. Keep Brady oit of sync and off the field and win the TOP battle. Done.

Rookie

User Info Menu

We’ve got to play well...and do this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Amendola
    ”They were playing a lot of cover-1 with a robber in the middle of the field," wide receiver Danny Amendola said. "That takes the middle of the field away and gives them a free guy in the middle of the field, and you have to find a way to beat it."
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.