Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Beat New England

Legend

User Info Menu

How To Beat New England

On D, we've gotta to collapse the pocket in the middle of the line giving Brady no where to step up. We've gotta jam their WRs at the LOS to force Tommy Boy to hold the ball a split second longer than he wants. Then we have to put him on the ground. Multiple times. Which is near impossible to do.

We really need a 4 man line and better CBs.

Offensively, we need Juju, Bryant, and the TEs to come up big. I don't expect AB to have any easy release off the LOS into any route all day. The one big advantage I think we can get is lining up Bell at WR a lot, taking him out of the box. I do think the Pats will take away Brown. I suspect they will challenge us to run it. And it will be tough sledding running the ball, but we'll still try.

I hope we see a lot of 4 WR sets and just let them know we're gonna throw it early and often. Spread em out and create room for AB / LB to run in the open field. This has to be the game where Bryant takes the top off the D. Or even DHB. We have to spread the field wide open and make NE defend all the grass.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

1. Send TJW after Brady on every play
    2. Dont let Gronk have a multiple TD game
    3. Sustain drives and finish them with TDs...getting points on the board and not giving Brady the ball for extra possessions is key

I am not sure taking Brown away is an option. Bengals and Ravens have historically been pretty good at that and we saw how that worked out. The 4 week stretch he is on is remarkable....he is just always open. I may be exaggerating but I am fairly sure Gronk has 2-3 games against the steelers with 3 TDs and that cannot happen but I do not know what they do to stop it with Shazier out.

I am not particularly worried about the offense, especially at home....but the defense is worrisome and will continue to be without Haden.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think we need to force the Pats to run the ball.
    Dare them to run by keeping our LBers off the field.
    I'd like to see that big nickel/dime line in there with Harrison, Chick, Bud and Hargrave rotating at both rush ends.
    Try collapsing the middle with Cam, Tuitt and Alamalu.
    If our defense comes out with our base 3-4 and they get their running backs 1 on 1 with our current LB corps, i predict its going to be a long day.
    If we can beat the shlt out of their little RB's and keep Brady from hitting the big play perhaps we can give our offense a chance to win this game.
    The other factor is Gronk.
    Do we give him a free release off the line or hit and punish him to no end.
    Have Deebo follow him around and smash him when he lines up on the LOS.
    I know it sounds easier said then done, but i'm tired of Brady passing at will and making our defense look silly.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Score fast, score often.

unlike the season, this game is a sprint - not a marathon.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    Score fast, score often.

unlike the season, this game is a sprint - not a marathon.
    This is how I'm feeling also. Play to our strength, we have the horses on offense. Last team with the ball wins. And that has been us, lately!!

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Long sustained drives, with 7-9 minutes chewed off the clock with each offensive possession. Keep Brady off the field and he doesn't have time to get in rhythm. That's how you beat New England. Just remember what the Texans did with not half the offensive talent we have. The first half score was 14-13 Texans, with T.O.P. dominated by Houston. Keep it as close as we can and have Boz make it 5 in a row to end the game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Furious View Post
    Long sustained drives, with 7-9 minutes chewed off the clock with each offensive possession. Keep Brady off the field and he doesn't have time to get in rhythm. That's how you beat New England. Just remember what the Texans did with not half the offensive talent we have. The first half score was 14-13 Texans, with T.O.P. dominated by Houston. Keep it as close as we can and have Boz make it 5 in a row to end the game.
    The Texans lost that game. close doesn't count. And of course the Falcons had a huge lead, and still lost as well. If I knew how to consistently beat the pats I'd have some very lucrative career options - but as it is, my gut is telling me that unless we have a 3 score lead with less than 3 minutest to play - the issue is in doubt........

score fast, score often.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You guys are way over complicating this.
    We beat NE by scoring more points than them. #Duh
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think the biggest area where we hold our own destiny is on the O-line. At this point, I think we know that Brady* will carve us up like a Thanksgiving turkey. The question is how many opportunities he'll get. The way we can minimize that, is dominating a NE* front 7 that is relatively pedestrian when healthy, and is missing plenty of guys already. The O-line needs to dictate all game long, picking up blitzers and knocking guys off the ball. This especially should happen, considering that AB will draw doubles all night.

The other big place for us to make hay will be Martavis or Juju. Granted Gilmore and/or Butler are both good corners, but if Juju or Martavis proves to be unguardable, it will be a huge factor to controlling the game on offense. (e.g. I recall that game vs. Denver, when AB scorched Chris Harris. The reason was that Martavis was giving Aqib Talib all he could handle his damn self.)
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Like I said-

Tonight's game with the Fins after 1 quarter of play. Time of possession: 2 min Pats vs 13 min Fins. Score: Pats 0 Fins 6. Keep Brady off the field you beat the Cheats