Thread: So does Boz get to be officially inducted as one of the "Killer B's?"

Legend

User Info Menu

So does Boz get to be officially inducted as one of the "Killer B's?"

I'm pretty pumped ... how many game winners has he had for us, tons it seems like. He's got ice running in his veins!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He sure should be, SAS! He's a winner B.

Kindle

Legend

User Info Menu

Absolutely. I don't keep up with kickers around the league, but would have to think he's in line for a Pro Bowl in the near future.

Legend

User Info Menu

Game winner at 0:00 in 3 of post 4 games?

Oh, and Boz against Bengals in regular season: 20 out of 20.

Including playoffs: 24/24!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post

I'm pretty pumped ... how many game winners has he had for us, tons it seems like. He's got ice running in his veins!
    No doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Chris Boswell named AFC special teams player of the week

Posted by Darin Gantt on December 6, 2017, 9:51 AM EST

It may be lost to history given the injuries and suspensions that came from the game, but the Steelers did kind of win the game on a last-second field goal.

So it’s good that Chris Boswell get some recognition after the fact.

Boswell hit the game-winner as time expired, to win AFC special teams player of the week honors.

It was his second straight deciding kick at the end of the game, after hitting the winner against the Packers the week before. He’s a solid 28-of-31 (90.3 percent) on field goals this year.

The game was marred by hard/actionable hits, and player injuries, but Boswell is giving the Steelers something to latch onto.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/06/chris-boswell-named-afc-special-teams-player-of-the-week/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

All the Steelers need to do is keep the score close until the end then get the ball into the Boz Zone, then let the Wizard of Boz win the game

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

I was legitimately worried about the game-winning FG attempt following the blatant offsides penalty, because when Shaw came free like that, Berry placed the ball down, but did not remove his lead hand, so when Boswell kicked the ball anyway, Berry's hand was right behind it and took the full torque of it. I was worried about our punter being able to catch the snap and get the ball down the second time after the shot he took in the hand the first time around.

Steelers kicker thinks Bengals tried to hurt him before game-winning field goal

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 7, 2017, 5:50 AM EST

Steelers kicker Chris Boswell believes the Bengals attempted to injure him before he could kick the game-winning field goal on Monday night.

When Pittsburgh initially lined up for the field goal, Cincinnati’s Josh Shaw jumped offside so far he was practically in front of the ball when Boswell kicked, and on Boswell’s follow-through his foot hit Shaw. Boswell said that hurt.

“You’re not jumping offsides that bad without trying to run into the kicker,” Boswell said.

Steelers holder Jordan Berry was also suspicious.

“Especially in a game like that,” said Berry, “your [thought] is, ‘Maybe [Shaw] is trying to do something crazy.’He was moving before I even turned around early — so he was definitely trying to jump something. Whether or not he was trying to hit anyone . . .”

It was a game full of personal fouls and injuries, with Pittsburgh’s JuJu Smith-Schuster and George Iloka both suspended for illegal hits, although Iloka’s suspension was overturned on appeal. The league will decide whether to fine Shaw for running into Boswell, or to accept that it was just an ordinary case of a player jumping offside.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/07/steelers-kicker-thinks-bengals-tried-to-hurt-him-before-game-winning-field-goal/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I was legitimately worried about the game-winning FG attempt following the blatant offsides penalty, because when Shaw came free like that, Berry placed the ball down, but did not remove his lead hand, so when Boswell kicked the ball anyway, Berry's hand was right behind it and took the full torque of it. I was worried about our punter being able to catch the snap and get the ball down the second time after the shot he took in the hand the first time around.
    On one replay I saw Boz actually kicked Shaw's foot (I believe) I was worried that Boz may of hurt him self

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.