Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Shazier I hope can walk away from that hit...

Legend

User Info Menu

Damn. I’m sad I missed that play. I ran outside to take out the garbage and came in and he was down. Not that I wanted to see it in real time but I don’t have the words to express myself right now. I guess I’m trying to say I felt bad about taking these players for granted. It’s a dangerous game. We all know that but there are times when we forget how quickly it could end.

Whats really messed up is first thing Monday morning I found out a good friend and former coworker was killed in a car accident.

I peaked at the second half on my phone but spent most of that time consolling his wife and just staring into a fire pit wondering wtf just happened?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Also, I hope that Shazier was careful with his money...

He was given a signing bonus in excess of $5 million for his rookie contract and sold a stake in his future earnings for $3.1 million in 2015...

That should be enough to live more than comfortably in addition to any work after football...if he regains full mobility, I kind of hope he walks away, for his sake...

Also, his 5th year option was guaranteed for injury when the Steelers picked it up, so there’s another $8 million.
    Last edited by Slapstick; 12-07-2017 at 04:53 PM.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Per a NFLPA neurologist, “This is a much more severe situation on our hands than we thought...He may not play football again.”

Damn
    Last edited by SteelBucks; 12-07-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I am so sad for Shazier right now

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Horrible for shazier as we may have seen a guys career end so quickly. I pray he is able to walk again and live life. Steeler nation is with you shaz!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Per a NFLPA neurologist, “This is a much more severe situation on our hands than we thought...He may not play football again.”

Damn
    This quote needs some context. This is NOT the doctor who is treating Ryan. He's not the doctor who has even SPOKEN to the Dr. who is treating Ryan or Ryan's Dr. It's just his OPINION

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    This quote needs some context. This is NOT the doctor who is treating Ryan. He's not the doctor who has even SPOKEN to the Dr. who is treating Ryan or Ryan's Dr. It's just his OPINION
    That’s correct, JB...

But, requiring spinal surgery is far from a positive sign...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-ryan-shazier-surgery-1207-story.html

Little more optimistic from someone who hasnt treated him either....still a lot of unknowns

Legend

User Info Menu

Praying 100%, but no matter the outcome I hope he doesn't play again. The Steelers are a class organization and I'm sure money will never be a concern for him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    That’s correct, JB...

But, requiring spinal surgery is far from a positive sign...
    I'm not trying to say it isn't. Just saying that perhaps we should wait for the real doctor to give information rather than take the word of someone who is just trying to get some clicks.