Thread: Ben aint

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    hey Ben, does Haley kill your rhythm?

waits for answer...

still waiting

stiiiillll waiting.

Ben played well but he still had a stint of like 2 for 12. I know folks will also blame this on Haley. Another thing to take into account. We had 4 INT's!!! short fields are awesome
    Well? Get your answer?
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Backup

User Info Menu

The error of this thread is thinking that the no huddle is the same as the hurry up.

The hurry up offense is pretty much all QB.They ran very little of it.

They did more standard no huddle. Haley is still talking in Ben's ear and calling plays much of the time (sometimes two so that Ben can kill one based on what the D shows).

Not to mention, every play call comes from Haley's playbook, was put into Haley's game plan, and practiced during the week under the watch of Haley. It's not merely the "Ben Show" every time they use the no huddle with him calling "Go Deep" like on the playground.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WB Tarleton View Post
    The error of this thread is thinking that the no huddle is the same as the hurry up.

They did more standard no huddle. Haley is still talking in Ben's ear and calling plays much of the time (sometimes two so that Ben can kill one based on what the D shows).

Not to mention, every play call comes from Haley's playbook, was put into Haley's game plan, and practiced during the week under the watch of Haley. It's not merely the "Ben Show" every time they use the no huddle with him calling "Go Deep" like on the playground.
    Clearly NOT Crash (I know you have no idea what that means but believe me its a good thing)

Welcome to the planet. Good points.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Clearly NOT Crash (I know you have no idea what that means but believe me its a good thing)

If by "Crash", you mean the fool poster who used to pollute "Steelers Addicts" with claims that Haley was turning Ben into Trent Dilfer, no, I am definitely not him. lol

Thanks for the welcome! My old Steelers website (24/7 Steelers) where I was a very frequent poster seems to have closed down, so I am happy for a new home.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WB Tarleton View Post

Welcome to the Planet

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Backup

User Info Menu

Thanks! Happy to be here!

Legend

User Info Menu

Whatever...

The season is ever evolving. The whole idea is to continue to improve and learn - whether you are playing the game or designing the plays. The team is 8-2 and I think the one thing that everyone can agree on is that this offense has a ton of room to improve over the first half of the season.

Not a fan of what the offense has shown thus far, but excited about what they can do moving forward. I truly believe that much of the issue is still a lack of cohesion between Ben and some of the receivers (except AB which explains why he looks for him so often).

I think that this O improves as they continue to play together. I expected them to start slowly as a unit due to lack of pre-season playing time together, but it has gotten beyond that point. However, that doesn't change the fact that Bell started working with the O for game 1. Bryant barely had a training camp while waiting for the suspension to be lifted. Ju Ju came in as another spare part and has become a key cog in this offense. If between Haley and Ben they can adapt to the new dynamics then they are just scratching the surface.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post

But wouldn't this be the ultimate ruse?

Banned

User Info Menu

I used to be over in Steelers addicts too and this guy isn’t Crash. Crash was an idiot who would make outlandish statements toward Haley and Tomlin.

Backup

User Info Menu

LOL I assure everyone, I am not Crash.

I see K Train is a member here and he can vouch for that.