Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone still not want 'em some of that JuJu?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Our offense is struggling due to an aging Ben and the "great and amazing" OLs inability to get any push. Bell isnt "sluggish" like I've read. There are few if any holes. This is allowing teams to play cover 2 on us and it's putting more pressure on Ben who already isnt very good. If the OL gets their ish together so will the rest of the offense.
    Before Sunday, it had been weeks since our starting 5 OL played an entire game...last year, they were able to stay healthy and work well as a unit...they just need to get back to that point...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The point is a few folks in those threads in april were high on the pick.

Its ok if you weren’t but it’s fallst to say people weren’t excited when he was drafted.

I defended him shortly after he was drafted plus I remembered what he did to PSU in the Rose Bowl.

Shawn said he saw Hines Ward 2.0 after doing some research.

Birtkidis was high on the pick.

Just cause you didn’t remember because you weren’t posing in April doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.
    Really dude!!! Is it that important? Ohh-okay, sorry! Well check the May-June-July-August sections, I think I might have posted a comment in there

Legend

User Info Menu

huh? He was taken in the 3rd round. No one deserves reps just cause they were drafted in the 3rd. Especially when you have a HOF worthy type running back in front of him.
    Last time I checked.. you can find immediate impact players at the RB position in the 3rd. Just ask the Chiefs. I think Conner potentially fits that description.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Last time I checked.. you can find immediate impact players at the RB position in the 3rd. Just ask the Chiefs. I think Conner potentially fits that description.
    You can also find HOF QB’s in the 6th..

It’s not draft position it’s depth chart, skills, etc.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

You can also find HOF QB’s in the 6th..

It’s not draft position it’s depth chart, skills, etc.
    That HOF 6th round pick a "needle in a haystack". In contrast, solid RBs are commonly found in the mid to late rounds (and UDA's). A 3rd is usually considered a upper end investment as far as RB's go. By comparison, LBell was taken a round earlier...and is widely considered the best all around back in the league.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Before Sunday, it had been weeks since our starting 5 OL played an entire game...last year, they were able to stay healthy and work well as a unit...they just need to get back to that point...
    True. But, I'm curious as to why every one on the offense is getting the blame besides the OL. It's quite obvious the OL isn't getting push. Thats got to be 70% of the problem. They blow holes, Bell gets his hards...he gets his yards teams have to pull a safety and can't play pass packages all game long on us. Ben will look more like Ben then.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    True. But, I'm curious as to why every one on the offense is getting the blame besides the OL. It's quite obvious the OL isn't getting push. Thats got to be 70% of the problem. They blow holes, Bell gets his hards...he gets his yards teams have to pull a safety and can't play pass packages all game long on us. Ben will look more like Ben then.
    I said something about it in preseason and everyone said it was because we didn't have all 5 starters. Hell, when do we ever have all 5 starters on the OL?

It's definitely a combination of things but the OL isn't getting nearly as much criticism as they probably deserve.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

That HOF 6th round pick a "needle in a haystack". In contrast, solid RBs are commonly found in the mid to late rounds (and UDA's). A 3rd is usually considered a upper end investment as far as RB's go. By comparison, LBell was taken a round earlier...and is widely considered the best all around back in the league.
    Doesn't matter where you are a drafted.. it comes down to depth chart and being able to execute your assignments.

Conners time will come but he was never drafted to replace Bell or spell Bell this year. He was drafted as insurance and he will get called upon when the coaches see fit.

Legend

User Info Menu

Doesn't matter where you are a drafted.. it comes down to depth chart and being able to execute your assignments.

Conners time will come but he was never drafted to replace Bell or spell Bell this year. He was drafted as insurance and he will get called upon when the coaches see fit.
    Look, you've changed your stance on Conner in recent weeks... and it is because of what Haley has stated about his apparent lack of execution in pass protection. This is fine with me, and you've made some good points. You put a lot more stock in what Todd Haley says than I do, and that's fine.

Legend

User Info Menu

Look, you've changed your stance on Conner in recent weeks... and it is because of what Haley has stated about his apparent lack of execution in pass protection. This is fine with me, and you've made some good points. You put a lot more stock in what Todd Haley says than I do, and that's fine.
    no.. I've stated all along I wanted Conner to get more touches this season. However, I also said I wished we had larger leads so we could give him more reps when a mistake wouldn't be the difference between winning or losing.

but why wouldn't you put stock into what the OC thinks about a player? Just cause you don't like Haley (trust me, I'm not fan of his) doesn't mean his thoughts on Conner are lies.

kinda odd to think the OC is lying or exaggerating Conners ability to protect our aging QB.