Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Thursday's game vs. Titans will look different (and not just due to Color Rush)

Legend

User Info Menu

Next Thursday's game vs. Titans will look different (and not just due to Color Rush)

NBC will make SkyCam the primary camera angle for Steelers-Titans next Thursday

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 9, 2017, 11:38 AM EST

When dense fog in New England blocked made the standard camera angles unusable for this year’s Falcons-Patriots game, NBC switched to SkyCam as the primary camera angle. Some fans considered that an improvement.

Now fans will see a full game with the SkyCam angle: NBC announced today that next Thursday’s Steelers-Titans game will be shown primarily with the SkyCam — or SkyCams, plural, as NBC will have two of them above the field.

“We are excited to present a game with the majority of live-action coverage coming from SkyCam,” said executive producer Fred Gaudelli. “After pivoting out of necessity to SkyCam in the New England fog, we’ve been aggressively planning and testing with the intent of utilizing the system for a full game. Younger generations of NFL fans have grown accustomed to watching football from this angle through their love of video games. This telecast will have a look and feel akin to that experience. We’ll still have our full complement of cameras and will revert to traditional coverage when situations dictate, but the primary viewing experience of the game will come from the SkyCam angle.”

The league and the networks will surely monitor feedback from fans closely, and if it’s a hit, we may see more live action from the sky.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/09/nbc-will-make-skycam-the-primary-camera-angle-for-steelers-titans-next-thursday/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

will the players now have to lay down and strike the kneeling pose to disrespect with this camera angle?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    will the players now have to lay down and strike the kneeling pose to disrespect with this camera angle?
    What the hell are you talking about now?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    What the hell are you talking about now?
    wow, let me help you out again.
    YOU posted about the change in camera angle, which now will come from ABOVE the field.
    SO, the players will now have to lay down on the field and strike the kneeling pose for it to look the same as if the camera angle was at normal field level.
    damn, i wish i could draw a picture to help you understand.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I fvcking hate this idea. Sky cam has its benefits when it is used sparingly. Not as a primary angle.... hope we whoop Tennessee’s ass at least.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    wow, let me help you out again.
    YOU posted about the change in camera angle, which now will come from ABOVE the field.
    SO, the players will now have to lay down on the field and strike the kneeling pose for it to look the same as if the camera angle was at normal field level.
    damn, i wish i could draw a picture to help you understand.
    Although your attempt to be funny through anger fell flat, I'll still help YOU out.

This is skycam:

If you're so darn concerned about being able to make out the silhouette of a kneeling player....don't worry too much, you'll still be able to do it.

Backup

User Info Menu

I
    Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    I fvcking hate this idea. Sky cam has its benefits when it is used sparingly. Not as a primary angle.... hope we whoop Tennessee’s ass at least.
    I agree with you, I think an entire game viewing will be nauseating for some people. Plus, I am going to be in NYC for the first time, found me a Steeler bar to go watch the game. I don’t know if that view will hold my interest enough, and I like to watching at home to see it all. Used this view from a coaching perspective and it is great for teaching moments, but 100% I say no thanks. Hopefully there is a way to let them know during the game, so they can make the change back.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by raycafan View Post
    I

I agree with you, I think an entire game viewing will be nauseating for some people. Plus, I am going to be in NYC for the first time, found me a Steeler bar to go watch the game. I don’t know if that view will hold my interest enough, and I like to watching at home to see it all. Used this view from a coaching perspective and it is great for teaching moments, but 100% I say no thanks. Hopefully there is a way to let them know during the game, so they can make the change back.
    I dont mind it as a change. It’s one game. If we hate it, tell them.
    There is no way the are gonna do it mid-game though.

I am kind of excited to watch an entire game from an on the field perspective like a video game.

Routine use of helmet cam is only a matter of time.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Routine use of helmet cam is only a matter of time.
    Ooo! XFL style!
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Backup

User Info Menu

The younger generation loves this because it’s how the view the game on Madden.