Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT - Jerry Jones

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Maybe the owners should have thought about that before giving him all that power.

Thursday night games are terrible. 9:30 am games in europe is a terrible idea.

The refs have been terrible. There are too many penalties and stops in play for commercials.

The way they handled the Ray Rice debacle? The NYG punter? Terrible.

Iím no fan of Goodell but I think the kneeling was the one issue he couldnít do a thing about because as soon as a Black player protest police brutality by kneeling folks went crazy.

It wasnt a requirement to stand. It wasnít in the handbook. Players like Shady McCoy yapped about Kap but was seen stretching during the anthem. Itís not about the anthem, itís about millionaire players of color not staying in their place. Even if Goodell was quick to act the damage was done because networks will do anything for a ratings bump.

Folks in America love their troops. Do they love their vets who come home without limbs and a job and wander the streets? Nope. But they love the idea of praising them the easiest way possible which is the anthem and a round of applause at airports.

Most of the people who are mad at NFL players donít give a damn about the troops.
    I agree with all this. Especially the part I highlighted.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The president was an azz for saying they should fire the SOBís. Teams and players pushed back for a week.

Teams who had no skin in the game stepped up to take a knee because the last thing Billionaire owners want is another Billionaire telling them how to run their business.

and racism hasnít increased over football. It was always there and if anything itís an excuse for people to say how they have felt all along.
    The problem with Trump saying anything is that it's technically illegal for any member of the executive branch to suggest or influence the reduction of individuals rights.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Uncomfortable and/or angry.
    Good. Because no one was listening during the press conferences when the players spoke out.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

and yet, everyone but the Steelers voted for the last CBA agreement because we thought it gave Goodell too much power.

Jerry is just mad because Zeke is in limbo every week.

As as far as the protest go. What could Goodell do? Once Kap took a knee it was a wrap.

Not trying to to be rude but football fans are a savage bunch. Instead of understanding the reason Kap was kneeling they used faux outrage to say it was disrespectful to troops even though it was a special forces bet who reached out to Kap and asked him to kneel instead of sitting on the bench.

Sp now you have a bunch of fans screaming about disrespecting the flag and calling players all types of names when the reality is these fans hate these players because they see them as spoiled brats who get paid millions to play a game they wish they could play at the highest level.

They want the players to stay in their place and shut up and play or else... cause god forbid a player use his platform to draw attention to injustices in this country.

So the fans whine and threaten to never return but the reality is the NFL was never going to continue to grow forever. It peaked and while ratings are slipping they are still impressive ratings.

NFL fans have no problem with guys beating their wives and girlfriends... they still turned in. But let a pale lure take a knee for 1 minute or so and all hell breaks loose.

This will pass... and if it doesnít the fans will be okay because one thing we know about America is folks have short memories. They will be upset until the playoffs and if their team makes it they will come back because NFL fans are fanatics.
    And let the church say, Amen!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Uncomfortable and/or angry.

There are tons of issues in America and all over the world. Some of the issues are far more widespread than the number of black people shot in the back by police officers. Should every injustice be protested during the entertainment that millions of people watch on TV? Should the cheerleaders and female officials start kneeling because of all the sexual misconduct allegations against people in power?

I just don't think that kneeling during the anthem is the right place or time. People see it as not being proud of your country, regardless of what the protest is about. Is it not possible to be simultaneously proud of your country as one of the best in the world and at the same time, upset about an injustice? Is there not a better way to help the cause than to make uncomfortable and/or angry, a good portion of the fan base that makes your sport successful?

Kaepernick will likely never play in the NFL again. Goodell may lose his job. NFL Ratings continue to decline. Trump threw fuel on the fire. Steelers fans weren't happy with our team's reaction. Papa Johns took their ads and ran. Jerry Jones is pissed off. Not sure any of this is going to benefit the cause.
    Is there ever a right time to protest?

MLK marched peacefully and were spit on and attacked by dogs

people sat at lunch counters and were spit on and attacked.

Folks say Black Lives Matter and March and people respond with White Lives Matter. They donít care why folks are saying it or why folks are protesting. People just hate being forced to face certain topics.

The unfortunate reality is Americans never want to see protest or hear their country still has problems unless itís something they can empathize with.

Put it this way. If Kap protested in the off-season away from the anthem I guarantee folks would still say ďwhy canít he do something else or do something differentĒ because itís not about how itís done. Itís that itís being done at all.

Whats really fascinating is the game hasnít been impacted one but by kneeling. Not one bit. Yet folks act like itís being done after every play and before and after half time and again after the game.

How in the hell does kneeling make folks this angry? Itís a fascinatingly case study on everything thatís wrong with America right now. Everyone is mad all the damn time and always looking for a reason to complain about something.

Yet, most fans are still enjoying the games and tons of folks still get together of all different races and religions to cheer for their team.

The outrage is so phony itís laughable.

So so now Papa Johns canít sell pizzas? Ever think maybe itís vecause Dominos changed their recipe and actually listened to their customers instead of blaming politics?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Personally, I think Jerry Jones has Zeke on his fantasy team in a high stakes billionaire fantasy league.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+Ä# up and wear it.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Good. Because no one was listening during the press conferences when the players spoke out.
    because they don't care.

I had a coworker post a photo of his kids standing in their basement during the anthem with their hands on their heart while watching the NFL.

I know damn well he doesn't stand and have his hand on his heart when he is at home watching the game.

.and what exactly was he doing while the anthem was playing? He was taking a photo.

The same folks yapping about disrespecting the flag have no problem wearing boxers with the flag on it or kid rock wearing the flag as a poncho at the SB.

It's so phony.

Folks hate being made uncomfortable so I get it.. but don't lie to me about why you are outraged. You don't care about these troops and if you did you would be marching and protesting for them to come home instead of fighting a 15 year war for god knows what?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

because they don't care.

I had a coworker post a photo of his kids standing in their basement during the anthem with their hands on their heart while watching the NFL.

I know damn well he doesn't stand and have his hand on his heart when he is at home watching the game.

.and what exactly was he doing while the anthem was playing? He was taking a photo.

The same folks yapping about disrespecting the flag have no problem wearing boxers with the flag on it or kid rock wearing the flag as a poncho at the SB.

It's so phony.

Folks hate being made uncomfortable so I get it.. but don't lie to me about why you are outraged. You don't care about these troops and if you did you would be marching and protesting for them to come home instead of fighting a 15 year war for god knows what?
    TRUTH - will set you FREE!

Legend

User Info Menu

The President blabbers on about how protesting NFL players are being disrespectful to our flag, our anthem, our county, our troops, etc.

These players are kneeling silently during the playing of the national anthem.

Is that action more or less disrespectful to our flag, anthem, county, and troops than, say...

...claiming that a former P.O.W. Senator is not a war hero because he was captured?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The President blabbers on about how protesting NFL players are being disrespectful to our flag, our anthem, our county, our troops, etc.

These players are kneeling silently during the playing of the national anthem.

Is that action more or less disrespectful to our flag, anthem, county, and troops than, say...

...claiming that a former P.O.W. Senator is not a war hero because he was captured?
    its scary.. truly scary.