Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: OT - Jerry Jones

  1. #11
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    No one is changing the words.

    Its not a requirement to stand.

    If your job said they wanted you to dostand while saying announcements and you chose not to but still have the announcement what would be the big deal?

    As long as you fly the plane and land properly it’s not a big deal. I bet most passengers don’t really give a damn about the announcements anyway.

  2. #12
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    it is amazing how only 7 players cared about supposed 'social injustices' before trump exercised his first amendment right but after, the player needed to use that excuse for PC damage control.
    racism increased, nfl revenue decreased and fan support decreased. thats all that got accomplished.
    i agree tho, this too shall pass.

  3. #13
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    No one is changing the words.

    Its not a requirement to stand.

    If your job said they wanted you to dostand while saying announcements and you chose not to but still have the announcement what would be the big deal?

    As long as you fly the plane and land properly itís not a big deal. I bet most passengers donít really give a damn about the announcements anyway.
    well i don't want to blow up the thread when this is about Jerry Jones - the point I was trying to make is I think Jones as one of the owners of the league believes Goodell has a responsibility to ensure the 'product' of the NFL is the very best it can be, and that Roger is failing to do that. As for protests at work (no matter what form they take) - I think they carry the risk of angering the employer and those protesting should recognize the truth of that and be prepared to accept any consequences.
    [URL="http://s43.photobucket.com/user/stimko74/media/slpo9.jpeg.html"]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...o74/slpo9.jpeg[/URL]

    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

  4. #14
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    I’m sure that they are willing to accept the consequences. If the owners want to require players to stand, then put that on the table for the next CBA. Until then, if there is no rule against it, then the players can do what they want. Any owner or coach can sit a player. If that is how Jones chooses to “give the players a consequence”, then so be it. But, that player will still get paid if he isn’t violating his contract.

  5. #15
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Jerry is a hyprocrite of massive proportions. He voted for the CBA and supported the commissioner when it was Ben who was suspended. Now that it's his guy he's turning full circle. His team should have kneeled in unison while his old ass stood there like a moron.
    Yep. Jones is a selfish ass who is only worried about the Cowboys. he views the rest of the NFL as schedule filler. Not like the Mara's or Rooney's who see the bigger picture and built the league that Jones was "johnny come lately to"

    Would be real interested in knowing the legal basis for any suit. IMO he has nothing but bluster and the other NFL owners need to put him in his place

  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    it is amazing how only 7 players cared about supposed 'social injustices' before trump exercised his first amendment right but after, the player needed to use that excuse for PC damage control.
    racism increased, nfl revenue decreased and fan support decreased. thats all that got accomplished.
    i agree tho, this too shall pass.
    ...and the protests have accomplished nothing other than talk show fodder. The so-called issues are things that have to be dealt with legislatively and you think Congress or any state legislature is going to take action because of NFL players? Laughable.

  7. #17
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    it is amazing how only 7 players cared about supposed 'social injustices' before trump exercised his first amendment right but after, the player needed to use that excuse for PC damage control.
    racism increased, nfl revenue decreased and fan support decreased. thats all that got accomplished.
    i agree tho, this too shall pass.
    The president was an azz for saying they should fire the SOB’s. Teams and players pushed back for a week.

    Teams who had no skin in the game stepped up to take a knee because the last thing Billionaire owners want is another Billionaire telling them how to run their business.

    and racism hasn’t increased over football. It was always there and if anything it’s an excuse for people to say how they have felt all along.

  8. #18
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    well i don't want to blow up the thread when this is about Jerry Jones - the point I was trying to make is I think Jones as one of the owners of the league believes Goodell has a responsibility to ensure the 'product' of the NFL is the very best it can be, and that Roger is failing to do that. As for protests at work (no matter what form they take) - I think they carry the risk of angering the employer and those protesting should recognize the truth of that and be prepared to accept any consequences.
    Maybe the owners should have thought about that before giving him all that power.

    Thursday night games are terrible. 9:30 am games in europe is a terrible idea.

    The refs have been terrible. There are too many penalties and stops in play for commercials.

    The way they handled the Ray Rice debacle? The NYG punter? Terrible.

    I’m no fan of Goodell but I think the kneeling was the one issue he couldn’t do a thing about because as soon as a Black player protest police brutality by kneeling folks went crazy.

    It wasnt a requirement to stand. It wasn’t in the handbook. Players like Shady McCoy yapped about Kap but was seen stretching during the anthem. It’s not about the anthem, it’s about millionaire players of color not staying in their place. Even if Goodell was quick to act the damage was done because networks will do anything for a ratings bump.

    Folks in America love their troops. Do they love their vets who come home without limbs and a job and wander the streets? Nope. But they love the idea of praising them the easiest way possible which is the anthem and a round of applause at airports.

    Most of the people who are mad at NFL players don’t give a damn about the troops.

  9. #19
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    ...and the protests have accomplished nothing other than talk show fodder. The so-called issues are things that have to be dealt with legislatively and you think Congress or any state legislature is going to take action because of NFL players? Laughable.
    Ehh... it’s making people uncomfortable. Sure folks are twisting themselves into pretzels to not talk about what the real issue is when Kap started this but it’s definitely made folks uncomfortable.

    ..and while so many of you say “it does nothing” you ha e to remember how many times sports have been used as a vehicle for change.

    The USC vs Alabama game back in the day when Alabama didn’t have any Black players. USC sparked that azz and all a sudden Bama fans were wondering why they didn’t have some of “those” players? Soon after they started recruiting Black athletes.

    The Texas 5 who beat Kentucky in the NCAA championship.

    Jackie Robinson

    Mohammad Ali refusing to serve in Nam.

    Many shrug but these are millionaire athletes who don’t have to do anything but play ball and get paid. For some of them to risk it all is special to me. I know some of you don’t agree but dammit. I watched a guy get murderer. Shot in his back while running away from a cop in SC and he got off because someone refused to find him guilty just because he was an officer of the law.

    I applaud them and hope it changes a few minds. A lot of athletes who protested or raised a fist were called all types of new but years later folks recognized these people were trying to shed light on problems in this country.

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Ehh... it’s making people uncomfortable. Sure folks are twisting themselves into pretzels to not talk about what the real issue is when Kap started this but it’s definitely made folks uncomfortable.
    Uncomfortable and/or angry.

    There are tons of issues in America and all over the world. Some of the issues are far more widespread than the number of black people shot in the back by police officers. Should every injustice be protested during the entertainment that millions of people watch on TV? Should the cheerleaders and female officials start kneeling because of all the sexual misconduct allegations against people in power?

    I just don't think that kneeling during the anthem is the right place or time. People see it as not being proud of your country, regardless of what the protest is about. Is it not possible to be simultaneously proud of your country as one of the best in the world and at the same time, upset about an injustice? Is there not a better way to help the cause than to make uncomfortable and/or angry, a good portion of the fan base that makes your sport successful?

    Kaepernick will likely never play in the NFL again. Goodell may lose his job. NFL Ratings continue to decline. Trump threw fuel on the fire. Steelers fans weren't happy with our team's reaction. Papa Johns took their ads and ran. Jerry Jones is pissed off. Not sure any of this is going to benefit the cause.
    Last edited by Eich; 11-09-2017 at 10:26 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •