Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Anyone see the refs blatantly cheat for the Pats?

Legend

User Info Menu

OT: Anyone see the refs blatantly cheat for the Pats?

disgusting call. Might be just as bad as the tuck rule.

I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

It was bad, but, not tuck rule bad. I still haven't seen an angle that i'd overturn this play and that's my problem. I did see the juggle and regain the ball, but, no angle showed exactly where and made it clear where all that happened in relation to the sideline/goal line. Not sure how they overturn without clear visual proof

BTW, not Tuck Rule bad cuz that play cost us a SB, IMO... (we woulda beaten the Raiders)... LOL

Dammit, you made me relive that....

Still don't understand how Brady puts his other hand back on to the ball and they call it incomplete - he was clearly no longer passing. Tuck or not, it was stupid.

2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Garbage call. I thought it was being reviewed to determine if ASJ had scored or was down at the one. When I saw that they gave the ball to NE when he never lost possession of the ball, it was a mind-blowing wrong call. And if the books say that is the way it should be called, then rules need to be changed like they were for the garbage tuck rule. Both of Alberto Riveron's predecessors (Dean Blandino and Mike Pereira) agreed that Riveron blew the call. As Marv Levy once said, these refs are a bunch of over-officious jerks.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Was brutal. There were several questionable calls in that game and they all seemed to go the same way.

Legend

User Info Menu

I never understood why the rules state that if you are trying to score at TD but you fumble the ball and it rolls out of bounds at the 1 yard line, you retain possession at the 1 yard line; however, if you are trying to score a TD but you fumble the ball and it rolls into the end zone and then out of bounds, the other team gets the ball at the 20 yard line. A miniscule difference in the way the ball bounces determines if you are inches away from scoring on the next play or if the other team gets the ball via touchback. That should have been changed years ago. Dumb.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Really bad call, he looked like he clearly had control and fell right on the pylon.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I never understood why the rules state that if you are trying to score at TD but you fumble the ball and it rolls out of bounds at the 1 yard line, you retain possession at the 1 yard line; however, if you are trying to score a TD but you fumble the ball and it rolls into the end zone and then out of bounds, the other team gets the ball at the 20 yard line. A miniscule difference in the way the ball bounces determines if you are inches away from scoring on the next play or if the other team gets the ball via touchback. That should have been changed years ago. Dumb.
    Huh? You are trying to score in the other teams endzone so if you fumble out of their endzone they get the ball.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Huh? You are trying to score in the other teams endzone so if you fumble out of their endzone they get the ball.
    Ya if you fumble through the other teams endzone it's a touchback for the other team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Ya if you fumble through the other teams endzone it's a touchback for the other team.
    The ball never left long enough to say he lost Control, it didn't even leave a inch from him. Pats always gets those calls.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

The NFL followed the rule regarding fumbles/touch backs. I didn't think there was enough visual evidence to over turn the call on the field. The NFL didn't seem to follow the rule of having enough visual evidence to over turn a call. This type of stuff is bad for sports.