Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 12 runs and 32 passes BEFORE the first pick 6

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Y'all realize that the Jags had 8-9 guys on the LOS for 35ish of those 44 plays?
    They dared a struggling Ben to be them throwing the ball. Until Ben can beat teams throwing the ball well consistently and make defenses pay with TD's the offense will face more of the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Y'all realize that the Jags had 8-9 guys on the LOS for 35ish of those 44 plays?
    That wasn’t a problem last year when we ran it down people’s throats.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

of course - but are we supposed to feel better that our potential HOF QB, the best receiver in the game, a freakishly tall #2 with breakout speed, an exciting rookie in the slot plus decent if not spectacular TE's couldn't find a way to exploit that secondary?
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    of course - but are we supposed to feel better that our potential HOF QB, the best receiver in the game, a freakishly tall #2 with breakout speed, an exciting rookie in the slot plus decent if not spectacular TE's couldn't find a way to exploit that secondary?
    True dat.

But outside of Brown I think our receivers are highly overrated. Willie Gault had breakout speed. So did Dwight Stone.

And with Villaneuva and Hubbard getting whipped on the edges, it's gonna be hard to run or pass.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bryant, JuJu, Rodgers, Heyward Bey, and Hunter are not rated that highly to begin with, how can they be overrated?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Bryant, JuJu, Rodgers, Heyward Bey, and Hunter are not rated that highly to begin with, how can they be overrated?
    I agree. But the continued "all of the talent this team has" by fans gets tiring. That's the rating I am talking about.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree. But the continued "all of the talent this team has" by fans gets tiring. That's the rating I am talking about.
    Well they are talented, collectively it is one of the most talented receiving corps in the NFL. The problem has not been our Wideouts, it's been our QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

All you guys bashing Haley, how do you know a bunch of those plays weren't changed by Ben at the line?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    All you guys bashing Haley, how do you know a bunch of those plays weren't changed by Ben at the line?
    We passed the ball 35 more times than we ran it (THIRTY FIVE!) and were playing a statistically very strong pass defense and a statistically very poor run defense. Ben would have had to audible from run to pass every other offensive snap for this to be considered even close to a competent game plan.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    We passed the ball 35 more times than we ran it (THIRTY FIVE!) and were playing a statistically very strong pass defense and a statistically very poor run defense. Ben would have had to audible from run to pass every other offensive snap for this to be considered even close to a competent game plan.
    Does that take into consideration that that the short screens and passing game worked in the first half of the game? Running the ball is nice. One thing about running the ball is that it shortens games and more often than not leads to closer games. Passing the ball is what typically points more points on the board. The Steelers offense failed to produce TD's when the opportunities were there. I think the Steelers would like to get a nice lead, run the ball, and play good defense.

Another thing, did the Jags line up with 8 or 9 guys near the line daring the Steelers to pass the ball? Teams know Ben is struggling a bit with consistency so what would you do as the opposing coach?