Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad Story

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I must live in a different world than most... but I do not see society "Condoning police brutality based on race".
    Exactly....Wrong platform wrong place to protest.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Do you think the 95% see it that way?
    I think a more important question is whether the 95% are meeting their obligations to weed the rotten cops from the system. Yes, if they are, maybe the protests could be more targeted somehow. But if there is still a "Blue wall of silence" (check out "Serpico" if you don't know what I'm referring to), then that 95% definitely has some soul-searching to do.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

I must live in a different world than most... but I do not see society "Condoning police brutality based on race".
    A lot of the police shooting acquittals seem mind-boggling. That's us as a society speaking and making judgements, that's what I'm referring to.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    Exactly....Wrong platform wrong place to protest.....
    If I were going to protest something like that, I would choose the platform and place that made people the most uncomfortable. That's the American way, from the Boston Tea Party through the 1920s female vote protests, 1960s MLK-led protests ... to now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    A lot of the police shooting acquittals seem mind-boggling. That's us as a society speaking and making judgements, that's what I'm referring to.
    That's not "Society", that's a court system making judgments (having all of the facts in front of them). The "Judgment" I see is many in society (fueled by the media) making false accusations that most cops are racist, when, in fact, they are not.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    If I were going to protest something like that, I would choose the platform and place that made people the most uncomfortable. That's the American way, from the Boston Tea Party through the 1920s female vote protests, 1960s MLK-led protests ... to now.
    but but but... I thought one of the goals of the protest was to "Unify".

Backup

User Info Menu

That's not "Society", that's a court system making judgments (having all of the facts in front of them). The "Judgment" I see is many in society (fueled by the media) making false accusations that most cops are racist, when, in fact, they are not.
    Yeah, this is false. The South Carolina cop that had a hung jury when he clearly shot a guy in the back while he was running away...

A juror said "there was no way I was going to vote guilty regardless of the evidence"

sorry but this country has some serious issues when it comes to law enforcement.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Backup

User Info Menu

but but but... I thought one of the goals of the protest was to "Unify".
    that's in response to the presidents words calling players SOB's..

the same president who called Nazi sympathizers "fine people"

if you can't take the time to honestly separate one from the other it shows how lazy some Americans are when it comes to this issue.

Feels like some people are intentionally being obtuse in order to deflect from the actual reasons for the protest.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Yeah, this is false. The South Carolina cop that had a hung jury when he clearly shot a guy in the back while he was running away...

A juror said "there was no way I was going to vote guilty regardless of the evidence"

sorry but this country has some serious issues when it comes to law enforcement.
    So you take one case and apply it across the board.... that sir is where the problem lies.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    that's in response to the presidents words calling players SOB's..

the same president who called Nazi sympathizers "fine people"

if you can't take the time to honestly separate one from the other it shows how lazy some Americans are when it comes to this issue.

Feels like some people are intentionally being obtuse in order to deflect from the actual reasons for the protest.
    I've "Separated" it out in previous posts... try to keep up. Did you see Kapernick's "Pig/Cop" socks?