Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: if your boss told you

Backup

User Info Menu

What's scary is if he retires after this season we are going to be stuck like we were when Bradshaw retired.
    Years of Malone, Woodley, Stout, Stewart, etc etc Not looking forward to that at all.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelguin View Post
    What's scary is if he retires after this season we are going to be stuck like we were when Bradshaw retired.
    Years of Malone, Woodley, Stout, Stewart, etc etc Not looking forward to that at all.
    We weren't bad with Kordell.

We won't suffer like the 80's because the CBA is different. We have TONS of talent on this team, only problem is our QB is playing like trash. It's odd to hear people suggest we would stink without Ben when we stink with him.

All we need is a game manager, one who isn't locked in on AB or thinking about retirement after every play.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Comments like these are so, yesteryear! As if we never won anything without Ben. Need I remind you that we were in two afccg with Kordell Stewart. In the superbowl with Neil O'donell. Probably should have won at least one of those opportunities.

IMO - we should have won more superbowls with Ben. Definitely should have defeated GB, he blew that one! There were other years when we had some pretty stacked teams but because of subpar QB play, we didn't make it. If anything I think Ben has underachieved as the Steeler QB considering the teams he had around him. I will say this, I will never say we won because of him, because if that was the case he would have been far more successful carrying teams when our defense sucked. Go ahead, show me where he won without a great defense?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    What is the catch I would ask? Not if it was just me and not the other employees as well...
    "No catch. You're just the most tenured, most important employee due to experience and talent; we need you more than anyone else at this place of business and want to make sure you're happy. That's why your pay grade is higher than anyone else's. In the end, we understand that at any given moment, you could leave our organization and go to another competitor and make them just as good as ours, if not better. As a token of our appreciation and your loyalty, it's an additional perk."
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    We weren't bad with Kordell.

We won't suffer like the 80's because the CBA is different. We have TONS of talent on this team, only problem is our QB is playing like trash. It's odd to hear people suggest we would stink without Ben when we stink with him.

All we need is a game manager, one who isn't locked in on AB or thinking about retirement after every play.
    I wouldn't say "game manager" but there is truth there that perhaps our qb doesn't need to be great. If Ben plays solid I believe we will be fine.

Legend

User Info Menu

We're talking about year 14 of a career with 48K yards passing and 300+ TDS. If taking a weekly Wednesday off is causing this much havoc then the Steelers are royally F'ed!

The one day a week off thing is just people grasping at straws to understand the futility of the O. I don't think it makes a bit of difference come Sunday.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    We're talking about year 14 of a career with 48K yards passing and 300+ TDS. If taking a weekly Wednesday off is causing this much havoc then the Steelers are royally F'ed!

The one day a week off thing is just people grasping at straws to understand the futility of the O. I don't think it makes a bit of difference come Sunday.

DeVille's final Mock

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    Comments like these are so, yesteryear! As if we never won anything without Ben. Need I remind you that we were in two afccg with Kordell Stewart. In the superbowl with Neil O'donell. Probably should have won at least one of those opportunities.

IMO - we should have won more superbowls with Ben. Definitely should have defeated GB, he blew that one! There were other years when we had some pretty stacked teams but because of subpar QB play, we didn't make it. If anything I think Ben has underachieved as the Steeler QB considering the teams he had around him. I will say this, I will never say we won because of him, because if that was the case he would have been far more successful carrying teams when our defense sucked. Go ahead, show me where he won without a great defense?
    Stewart threw 3 picks in the first AFCCG and blew a lead to lose. He threw 3 more in the second AFCCG and lost. We don't even need to talk about Neil O'Donnell's Super Bowl performance.

I'm not saying Ben is the greatest QB, just saying the odds are, when he retires we will be in for a long bad time before they find another one. History has proven that. Not just Steeler history, look at the Browns, and many other teams that have yet to find a decent QB.

This team wont win with a "game manger" either. Landry Jones could "Manage" a game. Would you want him to start against KC this week?

Legend

User Info Menu

Stewart threw 3 picks in the first AFCCG and blew a lead to lose. He threw 3 more in the second AFCCG and lost. We don't even need to talk about Neil O'Donnell's Super Bowl performance.

I'm not saying Ben is the greatest QB, just saying the odds are, when he retires we will be in for a long bad time before they find another one. History has proven that. Not just Steeler history, look at the Browns, and many other teams that have yet to find a decent QB.

This team wont win with a "game manger" either. Landry Jones could "Manage" a game. Would you want him to start against KC this week?
    if you still blame that on Neil, ... *sigh*

hint: he threw it where the WR was supposed to be, but, WR corps (depleted due to injury) was young and had not clue where they were supposed to be; it's very similar to what i've suggested happened a couple of times this past weekend, actually
    Last edited by SteelerOfDeVille; 10-10-2017 at 02:37 PM.

DeVille's final Mock

Legend

User Info Menu

he started vs KC a few years ago. We didn't win..

but it's not like we aren't used to losing with Ben as well.

just sayin

and yes, anytime a QB throws INT's in big games it makes it harder to win. Ben threw 2 INT's vs the Jets in his first playoff game and we still won. He also threw INT's in every SB he has played in but we were able to overcome them and win 2 out of 3.

and how the hell can you lump us in with the Browns? C'mon.. why not use the Jets and Bills as examples as well? No.. history has shown that in spite of our QB we tend to have pretty competitive teams and we even rach AFCCG's and a SB without great QB play.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"