Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe Manny Sanders was Right??

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe Manny Sanders was Right??

Quote from 2014 and he was roasted by Steeler fans for it:

"(From) a mental standpoint, I don't care to really say this, but I feel Peyton is a far better leader," told KKFM in Denver (http://www.1043thefan.com/Channels/TheDrive/story.aspx?ID=2162817). "In terms of staying after practice, catching balls, wanting guys to get on the same page with him and things of that sort.
    "This is the first time that I had a quarterback that stays every single day after practice, no matter what his accolades," he went on. "From NFL MVP, Super Bowl (http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/4 rings. He keeps guys like me and (Cody) Latimer after practice and we're out there 15, 20 minutes. And he's not one of those guys you gotta go chase down, he's gonna be right at the same spot ready to work, every single day.
    Strange... nothing about taking practice days off....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It would send a strong, positive message of all-in, if Ben were to do some more during the week. Also, it would be nice if Ben didn't look like he was a part-owner of Primanti's. Mix in salads, yogurt, Slim Fast shakes, maybe he'll have more energy.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Banned

User Info Menu

If Ben has any smarts , he comes to all the practices this week, works hard and diversifies his passing in the biggest game of the year.

Legend

User Info Menu

It doens't matter whether Payton is better than Ben or not.

Ben will do what he thinks he needs to to improve, and it will be good enough or it won't. Anything else is irrelevant.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    It would send a strong, positive message of all-in, if Ben were to do some more during the week. Also, it would be nice if Ben didn't look like he was a part-owner of Primanti's. Mix in salads, yogurt, Slim Fast shakes, maybe he'll have more energy.
    I actually thought Ben looked slimmer this year.
    Never viewed him as a hard worker or game film nerd.
    Ben seemed to always make most of his big plays after the initial play broke down and not so much lately.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post

Ben will do what he thinks he needs to to improve, and it will be good enough or it won't. Anything else is irrelevant.
    I agree with this... but would ask... for what reason/s has Ben been skipping practice? Does he have an injury that has not been disclosed? Or is it more for preventative reasons?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Part of me thinks Ben is in the mindset that he can coast thru the rest of his career with a really good team and win it all.
    Ben has always had a gritty back yard football mentality but at this point he's not 28 anymore.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post

The point of my post was not whether Roethlisberger was better or worse QB, but rather the contrast in approach to practicing.
    and I respectfully disagree that it's on QB to decide what needs done. This should be a HC decision. But of course he will need to get the buy-in of the player.

Backup

User Info Menu

Ben doesn’t work as hard as others that’s obvious. If you think about it has he really improved since 2010 or was that his peak?

Legend

User Info Menu

Last edited by fordfixer; 10-09-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.