Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Almost 30 on offense; held 'em to 9 on defense ... are we living up to potential?

Legend

User Info Menu

Almost 30 on offense; held 'em to 9 on defense ... are we living up to potential?

Are we actually living up to our potential?

Why did the game seem so lousy then?

Are we too picky as Steeler fans?

Or are the wins actually covering up a real problem?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Backup

User Info Menu

To answer your initial question, no, they're not living up to their potential, but they're still winning. When the offense starts clicking again (which I'm holding onto hope that it will), there will be few teams that can match up well against us. These kinds of growing pains are tough to watch, but really par for the course when it comes to this team this time of year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post

Are we actually living up to our potential?We have the potential to live up to our potential

Why did the game seem so lousy then?Penalties, some play-calling, Listless 3rd Qtr

Are we too picky as Steeler fan We have high expectations ... yes

Or are the wins actually covering up a real problem Hope that improvements can be made, even from a win.
    Just my .02$ Good questions

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Penalties killed the drives twice I can remember in the redzone,I had to listen to the radio feed so need to watch the short version later it good win towards the division.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wasn't able to watch the game, but I kept track of the score. 19 point lead and next time I checked they were 8 points away. Then i heard the 2 pt overturned to make it a 10 point game.

I'll have to watch later to see if it was a surge by the rats or did we allow them to creep back in.

But no one should ever be disappointed with a 3-1 start - and I certainly won't be. I just hope they continue to improve because the football we've seen so far this year won't win in December or January. (absent my viewing of this game of course!)
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

The Ravens had a 50 yard run, and our D still held them to 83 yards rushing...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    Wasn't able to watch the game, but I kept track of the score. 19 point lead and next time I checked they were 8 points away. Then i heard the 2 pt overturned to make it a 10 point game.

I'll have to watch later to see if it was a surge by the rats or did we allow them to creep back in.

But no one should ever be disappointed with a 3-1 start - and I certainly won't be. I just hope they continue to improve because the football we've seen so far this year won't win in December or January. (absent my viewing of this game of course!)
    AB giveaway and bos missed FG let them back in for a bit

Rookie

User Info Menu

AB didn't give it away...the refs gave it to them...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

My NFL Ticket viewing has led me to conclude that the league as a whole has a serious mediocrity problem this season so it’s not just the Steelers stinking it up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    AB didn't give it away...the refs gave it to them...
    Ya that was a strange call.