Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me, or does New England's defense officially suck this year?

Backup

User Info Menu

Is it just me, or does New England's defense officially suck this year?

Three home games, three iffy offenses that suddenly looked like world beaters. By all rights they should be 1-3 right now and winless at home.

Legend

User Info Menu

belichik is a genius trading away collins and jones, 2 of his best defenders.

gunna go 16-0 this year. wicked pisssaa

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

There was a lot of discussion about how smart Belichick was to allot so many resources to the secondary and that would ensure another great defensive year; and how the Steelers were so foolish not to spend their second, third and maybe fourth draft picks on defensive backs and instead wasted a pick on Ju Ju. Not working out well on those fronts. NEs defense is getting lit up even with Stephon Gilmore. The genius even had Mike Hilton in camp a little while but didn't retain him and the dumb HC of the Steelers makes him a big part of the defense, and Hilton is looking very good..

Pressure is a big part of the Steelers success on defense on NE's defense doesn't have that. It's not all about the secondary.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    belichik is a genius trading away collins and jones, 2 of his best defenders.

gunna go 16-0 this year. wicked pisssaa
    LOL hahhahahahaha....Love this

Starter

User Info Menu

I live in Maine, not a Patriot's fan at all (always a fan of who they are playing, haha), but I see them play a lot (I'll watch any football game that's on). Going into the season their front seven seemed pretty suspect, and I think that's what you're seeing. Their secondary is good, could be great, but when your front seven is pretty weak (think Cam Heyward in with all our second string DL and LBs--wouldn't really want to see that) it's going to look that bad. Matt Patricia is a great D-coordinator, but he's got a hard job with that front seven. When Hightower is hurt the only other baller they have in the front seven is Flowers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Knowing the Pats and Belichik, they'll rectify this. This team put a WR at corner and won an SB.

Banned

User Info Menu

Nope...

Seems that old hoody has been reading his own press clippings into thinking he can turn water into wine. His defense has gave p the most points in the NFL and he can't stop the bleed out.

Their in trouble. I thought Brady was so great that he was suppose to be their answer for everthing.

Legend

User Info Menu

They are awful. They may not make the playoffs this year.

This is why it's foolish to get rid of good players for OK players. They are due for a slide and I hope this is the year it happens.

LOL at folks saying the Pats always get better in the off season. Doesn't look like it so far. They really should be 1-3 right now.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

They might have a bad defense but I bet you the Steelers offense will have much trouble scoring enough points when they play them on 12-17.

Legend

User Info Menu

I just hope we haven't spent too much time focusing on the Pats. Looks like KC and Texans could be a problem this year.

and even though the Pats D sucks Brady can still put up 30 so we need to put us 40 just in case.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"