Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Article: "My father died in battle and I support Kapernick"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Her father died for the rights of all Americans. He died for the freedoms that we all hold so dear. The right for our citizens to peacefully protest in an effort to bring about positive change in our country wherever inequalities exist. If not for that, women would have never been granted the right to vote in this country, black men would still be counted as three-fifths of a white man, etc.

A politician trying to prevent the ability of its citizens to peacefully protest by saying that those sons of bitches should be fired is profoundly un-American. In democracies, different people are able to express dissenting opinions without fear of governmental oppression. A Head of State attempting to mandate exactly how all citizens are supposed to act during patriotic ceremonies (and threatening consequences for any dissention) sounds more like what you might expect to hear from a dictator in North Korea, Iran, or Libya than here in the land of the free and the home of the brave.
    dude it's a work place! .... that message will never be heard kneeling in front of millions during the NA....wrong place and platform has nothing to do with there protest but, a protest against the NA is what is viewed and pissed people off...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    that message will never be heard kneeling in front of millions during the NA....
    How will the message never be heard? Everyone is talking about this now. There is currently more discussion going on in the General section than the Steeler section of this board.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    How will the message never be heard? Everyone is talking about this now. There is currently more discussion going on in the General section than the Steeler section of this board.
    I will re-phrase it nothing will change for the good because, of them kneeling during the NA...they have only divided people...The NFL games were already bringing people together from all walks of life.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    I will re-phrase it nothing will change for the good because, of them kneeling during the NA...they have only divided people...The NFL games were already bringing people together from all walks of life.....
    I don't think they were dividing people 1% as much as Trump did by bringing it up to distract from whatever his fubar of the week was then.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!