Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 2 Anthem Protests vs. Week 3 Anthem Protests

Legend

User Info Menu

Week 2 Anthem Protests vs. Week 3 Anthem Protests

Before Trump went to Alabama and called NFL players who kneel during the anthem S.O.B.'s who should be fired, there was one guy who actually took a knee during week 2. Niners safety Eric Reid, who was one of the first guys to kneel alongside Kaepernick when this all started.

Another 5 guys sat during the anthem. Marshawn Lynch sat, but he has been doing that since before Kaepernick kneeled but no one seemed to notice or care, and then he retired before coming back this year. Chiefs' CB Marcus Peters sat as well, and Seahawks DE Michael Bennett, who was personally held at gunpoint by Vegas police following the Mayweather/McGregor fight this offseason, sat for the entire anthem, and teammate Cliff Avril and Frank Clark, who stood for the beginning of the anthem, sat next to Bennett during the latter portion of the song.

Michael's brother Martellus Bennett was one of 3 players to raise a fist during the anthem, including Rams DE Robert Quinn and Eagles S Malcolm Jenkins.

Although other players supported their teammates by standing next to them with hands on their backs or shoulders, it was just those 9 guys who were active participants in these anthem protests. Considering that there are 32 teams with 53 man rosters, that's nearly 1700 players, making those 9 guys about one half of one percent of the NFL player population.

Then Trump has his rally, followed it up on Twitter, and suddenly more than 200 NFL players are sitting or kneeling during week 3.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Before Trump went to Alabama and called NFL players who kneel during the anthem S.O.B.'s who should be fired, there was one guy who actually took a knee during week 2. Niners safety Eric Reid, who was one of the first guys to kneel alongside Kaepernick when this all started.

Another 5 guys sat during the anthem. Marshawn Lynch sat, but he has been doing that since before Kaepernick kneeled but no one seemed to notice or care, and then he retired before coming back this year. Chiefs' CB Marcus Peters sat as well, and Seahawks DE Michael Bennett, who was personally held at gunpoint by Vegas police following the Mayweather/McGregor fight this offseason, sat for the entire anthem, and teammate Cliff Avril and Frank Clark, who stood for the beginning of the anthem, sat next to Bennett during the latter portion of the song.

Michael's brother Martellus Bennett was one of 3 players to raise a fist during the anthem, including Rams DE Robert Quinn and Eagles S Malcolm Jenkins.

Although other players supported their teammates by standing next to them with hands on their backs or shoulders, it was just those 9 guys who were active participants in these anthem protests. Considering that there are 32 teams with 53 man rosters, that's nearly 1700 players, making those 9 guys about one half of one percent of the NFL player population.

Then Trump has his rally, followed it up on Twitter, and suddenly more than 200 NFL players are sitting or kneeling during week 3.
    so no one really cares about the initial 'protest' they are now 'protesting' trump....i guess

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    so no one really cares about the initial 'protest' they are now 'protesting' trump....i guess
    'Hands up don't shoot!' was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to be a complete lie. So yeah, more people are willing to protest Trump.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    The thing that I thought was funny was Ray Lewis on 2 knees on the Ravens sideline. He was one of Colin's biggest critics, now he's down with the protest.

The other thing that I found funny was the teams in London protested the NA, but were respectful for the British NA and all stood. (I think)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

In the can, we used to sing the national anthem before conjugal visits.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    In the can, we used to sing the national anthem before conjugal visits.
    What?!?!?!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The thing that I thought was funny was Ray Lewis on 2 knees on the Ravens sideline. He was one of Colin's biggest critics, now he's down with the protest.

The other thing that I found funny was the teams in London protested the NA, but were respectful for the British NA and all stood. (I think)
    I don't see that as being funny at all.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Flippy's funny how? Does he amuse you? Is he a clown? Oh wait...never mind.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    To each his own. I find nationalism and pride to be funny in the context of life. It reminds me of the Chris Rock movie "Head of State." His character would end every speech with "God bless America ...and no place else."

I really believe we take this stuff too seriously. Don't get me wrong. I think I won the lottery being born in the US and am thankful for everything we have and I take nothing for granted. But I don't see a need for pride or nationalism. People are just people everywhere. Every single person deserves freedom and opportunity. I think the world would be a much better place if our actions reflected that we were thankful. But we're over the top proud and it's a bad look. It's why people resent us globally. Someone born in North Korea or Venezuela or anywhere else deserves all the same opportunity as we're afforded. All the pride seems like the wrong reaction to me. And I get that's not a popular opinion. So in any uncomfortable situation I choose laughter as my defense mechanism. Seems to keep life entertaining and laid back. We are all on the path of dying someday anyway. What does any of this matter really?

In all seriousness, I think the Golden Rule in life should be Don't Be a Douche.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Flippy's funny how? Does he amuse you? Is he a clown? Oh wait...never mind.
    You'll have to read his post... where he used the term "funny" as an adjective. That's what I was replying to. Stop embarrassing yourself.