Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Week 2 Anthem Protests vs. Week 3 Anthem Protests

  1. #21
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Haven't seen it. Oh well. Glad to be the source of some amusement.
    Turn off Fox News for a couple of hours and watch Goodfellas. Vintage Scorsese, DeNiro, Pesci, Liotta, etc.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  2. #22
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Surprisingly I'm more conservative than most on many positions. But also socially liberal. I'm usually pragmatic in my day to day life and think my liberal ideas usually stem from pragmatism. I actually believe being socially liberal is the true conservative point of view. Sometimes I look at the world upside down and am usually in my own world.
    "Conservatives" today would be better referred to as pseudo-conservatives, as they hardly know what actual conservativism is. They get told what to think on Fox News, and believe leaders like George Bush Jr., Mitt Romney, and Donald Trump are actually "conservative." In fact, the "conservative" movement in the U.S. is really no more than disliking perceived, amorphously labeled enemies ("liberals," "progressives," "they," etc.), than actually believing in anything. It would not be surprising to me if your "socially liberal" views were more conservative than today's deluded wanna-bes.

  3. #23
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    "Conservatives" today would be better referred to as pseudo-conservatives, as they hardly know what actual conservativism is. They get told what to think on Fox News, and believe leaders like George Bush Jr., Mitt Romney, and Donald Trump are actually "conservative." In fact, the "conservative" movement in the U.S. is really no more than disliking perceived, amorphously labeled enemies ("liberals," "progressives," "they," etc.), than actually believing in anything. It would not be surprising to me if your "socially liberal" views were more conservative than today's deluded wanna-bes.
    Deficit reduction used to be a conservative principle. Now the billionaire donors instruct the Republican lawmakers to vote for anything that enriches them more (see, "New Tax Reform Plan"), and the natural effect of increasing the deficit is not even something discussable (it's a real Laffer, once again!).


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  4. #24
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    "Conservatives" today would be better referred to as pseudo-conservatives, as they hardly know what actual conservativism is. They get told what to think on Fox News, and believe leaders like George Bush Jr., Mitt Romney, and Donald Trump are actually "conservative." In fact, the "conservative" movement in the U.S. is really no more than disliking perceived, amorphously labeled enemies ("liberals," "progressives," "they," etc.), than actually believing in anything. It would not be surprising to me if your "socially liberal" views were more conservative than today's deluded wanna-bes.
    Agree with you completely.

    If we had real conservatives in politics, they would be talking about the need to reduce spending on the military, social security, and medicare which make up the majority of our spending. But no one will touch these topics because it's political suicide.

    And my view on being socially liberal and inclusive comes from a desire to do things that are in the best long term interest of capitalism and the global economy. If you look at immigrants, both first and second generation immigrants drive the US economy and are responsible for enterpreneurship that's created the majority of the most innovative Billion dollar companies in the US. Protectionsim and Nationalism may seem conservative on the surface, but they are far from it. Being conservative is about empowering people with an opportunity to be successful imho.

    Even Global Warming seems like a hot button topic that gets labeled as a concern for liberals and many of the quasi-conservatives deny science. But if you look at public companies that are heavily invested in new forms of energy creation, they have some of the highest valuations in the market. From a pragmatic perspective, it's not about saving the rainforests and polar bears or any other touchy feely things. It's about driving capitalism and the global economy. And this is completely lost on the Fox News crowd.

  5. #25
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Agree with you completely.

    If we had real conservatives in politics, they would be talking about the need to reduce spending on the military, social security, and medicare which make up the majority of our spending. But no one will touch these topics because it's political suicide.

    And my view on being socially liberal and inclusive comes from a desire to do things that are in the best long term interest of capitalism and the global economy. If you look at immigrants, both first and second generation immigrants drive the US economy and are responsible for enterpreneurship that's created the majority of the most innovative Billion dollar companies in the US. Protectionsim and Nationalism may seem conservative on the surface, but they are far from it. Being conservative is about empowering people with an opportunity to be successful imho.

    Even Global Warming seems like a hot button topic that gets labeled as a concern for liberals and many of the quasi-conservatives deny science. But if you look at public companies that are heavily invested in new forms of energy creation, they have some of the highest valuations in the market. From a pragmatic perspective, it's not about saving the rainforests and polar bears or any other touchy feely things. It's about driving capitalism and the global economy. And this is completely lost on the Fox News crowd.
    correct they would be talking same as Democrats..more talking and more talking and nothing really done except small band-aids like what has happen decade after decade....

  6. #26
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    correct they would be talking same as Democrats..more talking and more talking and nothing really done except small band-aids like what has happen decade after decade....
    not sure i understand your point? i assume you are talking about the republican party being more effective at getting things done. curious of some examples of their big accomplishments.

    I'm not a fan or member of either party, so I'd argue both are about equally ineffective or effective, whichever you prefer to call them.

  7. #27
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    not sure i understand your point? i assume you are talking about the republican party being more effective at getting things done. curious of some examples of their big accomplishments.

    I'm not a fan or member of either party, so I'd argue both are about equally ineffective or effective, whichever you prefer to call them.
    My point is Democrats and Republicans have done nothing to fix major issues in this country for decades.....and people had enough and tried to put somebody in there that would
    fix it like Trump (he is an Independent even though he ran as a Republican)......Both parties don't want him to succeed because that would be the end of the hacks they both are.......
    I'm a registered Independent (issue based guy) ....

  8. #28
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Just because there are no good brain surgeons at your hospital when you need your tumor removed doesn't mean it's a good idea to ask the facilities guy who's always half drunk in the basement do your surgery.


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  9. #29
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    If people where voting for a guy who could fix things, why on earth would they vote in a guy that both parties wouldn't want to succeed?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •