Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I only see one cure for the disarray:

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I really felt bad for AV, watching his presser. He's a very honorable man with incredible intentions. This is something the team can really rally around - if they want to.

I was happy to hear from Ben that he felt really bad, to the point that he couldn't sleep Sunday night. I hope the rest of the team feels the same in their own way.
    That's because several players wanted to be on field for NA but, bad situation by Tomlin they found them self's in the locker room...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I guess this thread probably belongs in the general section. Apologies.

The Steelers (and every NFL team) need to realize that the protest method started by Kaepernick is nearly universally hated by the fans. This is very, very clear. The fans have spoken. The majority of fans to NOT want to see the Anthem used for this purpose. If everyone is really that dedicated to continuing a protest for the cause, someone needs to use their brain and find a way to do it that is not a detriment to the team and nation. To do anything else is stupid. Why continue to outrage the fans that ultimately pay for everything?

I expect to see not one Steeler kneeling this weekend.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yes, but sadly, their actions were viewed as cowardly. How did no one consider the fact that staying in the tunnel makes it look like they're hiding? How did no one consider that they have a VETERAN on their team that could really use a show of support?

After an entire off-season of outrage against Kaepernick, how did no one realize that there MUST be a better way to support a REAL cause, then kneeling at the Anthem? One that brings everyone together.
    yep ...action will always be viewed in one way by most...no matter what they decided......

Legend

User Info Menu

Just replace the NA with Renegade at the next home game. Everyone will stand and cheer. Problem solved.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Just replace the NA with Renegade at the next home game. Everyone will stand and cheer. Problem solved.

Brilliant!

But i'd rather they cancel the agreement with the DOD and have the anthem played before the players take the field. The idea of paying for a patriotic display and the NFL accepting the money doesn't sit well with me.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

I guess this thread probably belongs in the general section. Apologies.

The Steelers (and every NFL team) need to realize that the protest method started by Kaepernick is nearly universally hated by the fans. This is very, very clear. The fans have spoken. The majority of fans to NOT want to see the Anthem used for this purpose. If everyone is really that dedicated to continuing a protest for the cause, someone needs to use their brain and find a way to do it that is not a detriment to the team and nation. To do anything else is stupid. Why continue to outrage the fans that ultimately pay for everything?

I expect to see not one Steeler kneeling this weekend.
    or what?

will you burn your gear as well to prove you are a real American?

players didn't even take the field for the anthem until 2009 because the DOD paid the NFL to promote patriotism.

it's getting scary seeing folks scream about America while sounding like a military regime.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    or what?

will you burn your gear as well to prove you are a real American?

players didn't even take the field for the anthem until 2009 because the DOD paid the NFL to promote patriotism.

it's getting scary seeing folks scream about America while sounding like a military regime.

I won't be burning my gear but I'm sure plenty will be. I just think it's stupid and defiant to continue using the Anthem as a means of protest when it's ABUNDANTLY clear that the vast majority of the fan base and the nation does not want the Anthem used in this way. It is simply not helping the cause. It's creating another problem and a PR nightmare for the team and league. It's taking the focus away from their jobs. It deeply affected AV and apparently Ben.

What is the point of continuing to kneel at this point??????

There MUST be a better way to support their cause than continuing to kneel at the Anthem.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Well, if the DOD is paying the NFL to promote patriotism, then maybe they should stop. A player took it upon himself to use that platform for his own agenda and now it's spreading like wildfire.

They players are at their job on the football field. Do their job. If they want to protest, do it elsewhere. If they can't find a better way to support their cause, then maybe the league has to step in and have them go back to their locker rooms until after the anthem.

They players are not permitted to visibly support any other causes during the games. Why this one?

Legend

User Info Menu

maybe the league has to step in and have them go back to their locker rooms until after the anthem.
    This is exactly what the Steelers decided to do, and they are being demonized for it. They didn't kneel. They didn't turn their backs. They didn't spit on the flag or burn it. They simply said that we aren't playing this political game. We'll stay inside until kickoff time. I guess trying to make no statement at all was somehow the worst possible statement that they could have made.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

isnt the simple solution to all of this is for the owners to demand that the players stand (correctly) for the national anthem. after the game is over, the players that want to raise a fist, hug, handhold, lock arms, kneel, lay down, whatever may do so for a minute or two.
    america is happy with the anthem, players get to 'protest' whatever they are protesting