Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fox News vs.Tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

Fox News vs.Tomlin

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/0...al-anthem.html

A former Army Ranger, Villanueva was the only player from the team to break from the coach’s orders and come out of the tunnel Sunday in Chicago to stand for The Star Spangled Banner.
    The key thing is that the decision to stay in the tunnel was a unanimous players' decision, as reported by numerous sources (including players), not "coaches orders". Misreporting that key fact distorts the whole issue, making it one of "Unpatriotic coach vs. Patriotic player", rather than one of a player who reportedly changed his mind after promising his teammates to stay in the tunnel.

I think it's great that AV wanted to stand outside. I even understand if he decided to stand outside despite his promise to his teammates to do otherwise because he realized at the last moment that to do otherwise wasn't something he could actually do and still be true to himself (and I'll bet his teammates will forgive him if that's what happened). I hope Tomlin also comes to feel that way, granting an exception in this unique situation to the "we do everything together as a team" philosophy that necessarily trumps everything else in normal circumstances.

But as a Steeler fan I detest the evil behind Fox News' decision to publish an inflammatory "agenda" piece at the Steelers' expense.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Fox News distorting the truth? Say it isn't so...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Backup

User Info Menu

It was not a unanimous decision but a close vote to stay in. Many wanted to go out and stand holding hands. Tomlin tried to impose his will of showing unity among the players all staying in. My bet is he would have liked to been with them but was told by ownership to represent the team on the sideline. The hell with a close vote on something this personal I'm proud of AV and I think Fox news reported an ugly situation accurately.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Fox News distorting the truth? Say it isn't so...
    Just like CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, etc. They just take it from a different angle

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Just like CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, etc. They just take it from a different angle
    nah, those other channels are trying to be like Fox but Fox News is the king of lies and false narratives.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You can tell the real American patriots by how outraged they get over anthem behavior.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    You can tell the real American patriots by how outraged they get over anthem behavior.
    this is a nice riddle..
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

All these people were standing. Why can't the Steelers?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Interesting......
    http://www.businessinsider.com/here-are-the-most-and-least-trusted-news-outlets-in-america-2014-10

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    nah, those other channels are trying to be like Fox but Fox News is the king of lies and false narratives.
    Nope...CBS and Dan Rather started the left wing agenda based news reporting a long time ago...see 60 Minutes. Fox is just better at it and have found a niche and perspective the others ignored and it is resonating with many, many Americans