Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fox News vs.Tomlin

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lol @ Fox News, they suck.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I think you're both wrong. The media is neither liberal nor conservative...the media is capitalist...they will sensationalize anything that will bring in higher ratings and therefore more advertising dollars...

The whole "liberal media bias" is a lie and a smokescreen..
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

Backup

User Info Menu

First of all, the most biased networks are CNN and MSNBC, and secondly the concern should be that the Tomlin and staff coached Steelers always find a way to lose to a team they are heavily favored over every season and it ends up costing them a home playoff game which in turn costs them a chance at the Super Bowl.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I think you're both wrong. The media is neither liberal nor conservative...the media is capitalist...they will sensationalize anything that will bring in higher ratings and therefore more advertising dollars...

yup. They will do whatever they can to fill 24 hours a day.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Herewegosteelers! View Post
    First of all, the most biased networks are CNN and MSNBC
    ...according to a Fox News poll...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

Backup

User Info Menu

...according to a Fox News poll...
    lmao.. according to Hannity.

Legend

User Info Menu

Have you ever watched some of the idiots in the main stream media? By no means is that AN ACT. Those folks are genuine in their opinions. I agree with the capitalist nature of the media (revenue, ratings etc) but a lot of the newscasters feel very deeply about the positions they present.

Legend

User Info Menu

All news channels remind me of the WWE or Jerry Springer. And the public who watch are just like little kids that haven't figured out that it's not real.

I never got the appeal of the news. But just like the WWE or Springer, I do get that you have to create good guys and bad guys and a constant battle between the 2 in order to suck people into the story line.

I don't think there's liberal or conservative media. I think there's just different good guys and bad guys on different networks. I also don't think people actually understand what's liberal vs conservative any more. Lot of people think the republican party and our president and Fox News are conservative. Nothing could be further from the truth. I feel bad for people who watch Fox News. I think they want to be conservative, but the got sucked into the Jerry Springer story line of Fox and forgot how liberal they've become.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    All news channels remind me of the WWE or Jerry Springer. And the public who watch are just like little kids that haven't figured out that it's not real.

I never got the appeal of the news. But just like the WWE or Springer, I do get that you have to create good guys and bad guys and a constant battle between the 2 in order to suck people into the story line.

I don't think there's liberal or conservative media. I think there's just different good guys and bad guys on different networks. I also don't think people actually understand what's liberal vs conservative any more. Lot of people think the republican party and our president and Fox News are conservative. Nothing could be further from the truth. I feel bad for people who watch Fox News. I think they want to be conservative, but the got sucked into the Jerry Springer story line of Fox and forgot how liberal they've become.
    They are conservative if it suits the needs of their donors (conservative for example as in freedom from government tyranny, "How dare the govmnt. try to make me buy insurance if I don't want to - that is a deeply personal decision that the government has NO role in ...").

Then the next moment they are liberal if it suits the needs of their donors (liberal as in, "Of course the government has the right to tell you what to do, at any and every level - even with whether you must carry this pregnancy to term ... that is a legitimate government function, personal choice has no role in that discussion!).

Then conservative again if it suits the needs of their donors, as in "Well, yes we forced you to carry that pregnancy to term, but what kind of idiotic idea is that you have, that the government should help support that new baby you've got there?".

Or, if it suits the needs of the donors, they could say they are very conservative because they are completely FOR the sanctity of life (see example above regarding carrying pregnancies to term). Yes, COMPLETELY for the sanctity of life, except hmm, after the baby is actually born, then you are on your own, Welfare Queen! Oh, and yeah, COMPLETELY for the sanctity of life except for government-sanctioned taking of life for capital punishment. But, absolutely, completely for the sanctity of life, except for those things!

My personal opinion is that both camps are way into their points of view, and lately to the degree it seems almost pathological psychiatrically. And there are people horribly wrong in what they are trying to do in both camps. But it's not an equal "on the one hand ... then again on the other hand" kind of thing, because one side uses facts to support their worldview, and the other uses, uhmm, "alternative" facts.

But that doesn't seem to bother too many people who side with the "alternative fact" crowd, so I guess we get what we deserve as a country.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    They are conservative if it suits the needs of their donors (conservative for example as in freedom from government tyranny, "How dare the govmnt. try to make me buy insurance if I don't want to - that is a deeply personal decision that the government has NO role in ...").

Then the next moment they are liberal if it suits the needs of their donors (liberal as in, "Of course the government has the right to tell you what to do, at any and every level - even with whether you must carry this pregnancy to term ... that is a legitimate government function, personal choice has no role in that discussion!).

Then conservative again if it suits the needs of their donors, as in "Well, yes we forced you to carry that pregnancy to term, but what kind of idiotic idea is that you have, that the government should help support that new baby you've got there?".

Or, if it suits the needs of the donors, they could say they are very conservative because they are completely FOR the sanctity of life (see example above regarding carrying pregnancies to term). Yes, COMPLETELY for the sanctity of life, except hmm, after the baby is actually born, then you are on your own, Welfare Queen! Oh, and yeah, COMPLETELY for the sanctity of life except for government-sanctioned taking of life for capital punishment. But, absolutely, completely for the sanctity of life, except for those things!

My personal opinion is that both camps are way into their points of view, and lately to the degree it seems almost pathological psychiatrically. And there are people horribly wrong in what they are trying to do in both camps. But it's not an equal "on the one hand ... then again on the other hand" kind of thing, because one side uses facts to support their worldview, and the other uses, uhmm, "alternative" facts.

But that doesn't seem to bother too many people who side with the "alternative fact" crowd, so I guess we get what we deserve as a country.
    well done there. seems perfect for some stand up comedy commentary