Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: exactly what is the protesting actually doing?

Legend

User Info Menu

exactly what is the protesting actually doing?

besides encouraging racism, dividing a nation and promoting disrespect towards law enforcement and military.
    people will be all over the place on this subject but what exactly is being accomplished positively by doing this?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It does absolutely nothing. Millionaires protesting the injustices of a system that made them millionaires. lol

Rookie

User Info Menu

The intent of the protest is to bring attention to the perceived problems in our society...at this point, though, the media and the president are making a bigger deal out of the protest than the reasons for protesting...

At any rate, I didn't think the Steelers were protesting anything...I thought they just wanted to play football...which they did...poorly.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Slapstick... I would agree your first statement... with emphasis on PERCEPTION... and you are right about the media, but in much broader terms (think perception).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The intent of the protest is to bring attention to the perceived problems in our society...at this point, though, the media and the president are making a bigger deal out of the protest than the reasons for protesting...

At any rate, I didn't think the Steelers were protesting anything...I thought they just wanted to play football...which they did...poorly.
    agreed. i would put a lot more credence into the perceived problem if these players would actually do something to improve it.
    right now, its just a situation that is making things much worse in a society that's already on the decline
    although i support the military and law enforcement wholeheartedly, i would prefer all team stay in the locker room or eliminate the national anthem altogether for all sports
    you cant force people have a sense of pride and respect for the country

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    agreed. i would put a lot more credence into the perceived problem if these players would actually do something to improve it.
    right now, its just a situation that is making things much worse in a society that's already on the decline
    although i support the military and law enforcement wholeheartedly, i would prefer all team stay in the locker room or eliminate the national anthem altogether for all sports
    you cant force people have a sense of pride and respect for the country
    These players and the NFL do a lot in their communities, I actually think people speaking out against inequality is making things better. It just seems bad because these societal issues are having a spotlight put on them, while a lot of Americans would prefer they just get swept under the rug. America is not all peaches and cream for everyone, their are difficult conversations that have to be had and these protests as well as others are forcing people to have the conversation. It seems people are more concerned with the worship of a piece of cloth than they are with ideals that the piece of cloth stands for.
    Last edited by Mr.wizard; 09-24-2017 at 06:13 PM.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Perhaps not, but you can pay them to...

I don't think the DOD/NFL "paid patriotism" deal has anything to do with true pride and respect for our country...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    These players and the NFL do a lot in their communities, I actually think people speaking out against equality is making things better. It just seems bad because these societal issues are having a spotlight put on them, while a lot of Americans would prefer they just get swept under the rug. America is not all peaches and cream for everyone, their are difficult conversations that have to be had and these protests as well as others are forcing people to have the conversation. It seems people are more concerned with the worship of a piece of cloth than they are with ideals that the piece of cloth stands for.
    people "Speaking out against equality is making things better" ???? you may want to revise that

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    people "Speaking out against equality is making things better" ???? you may want to revise that
    LOL, Thank You, obviously that would not make things better.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We now live in a victim-driven society so anything involving perceived victimization should not be questioned