Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: exactly what is the protesting actually doing?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    LOL, Thank You, obviously that would not make things better.
    I thought you were a troll for the mainstream media for a minute... lol Divide and conquer!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    We now live in a victim-driven society so anything involving perceived victimization should not be questioned
    Whatever you have to tell yourself.

Banned

User Info Menu

These players and the NFL do a lot in their communities, I actually think people speaking out against inequality is making things better. It just seems bad because these societal issues are having a spotlight put on them, while a lot of Americans would prefer they just get swept under the rug. America is not all peaches and cream for everyone, their are difficult conversations that have to be had and these protests as well as others are forcing people to have the conversation. It seems people are more concerned with the worship of a piece of cloth than they are with ideals that the piece of cloth stands for.
    i havent heard of any players going into communities telling people how they should act when interacting with police. i dont hear of any donating money to police agencies so they can hire quality individuals or pay for better officer training. if police 'injustice' is the problem, work to address that. calling them pigs and promoting hate and disrespect towards police isnt helping the situation.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i havent heard of any players going into communities telling people how they should act when interacting with police. i dont hear of any donating money to police agencies so they can hire quality individuals or pay for better officer training. if police 'injustice' is the problem, work to address that. calling them pigs and promoting hate and disrespect towards police isnt helping the situation.
    Because clearly that was the message during the protests, all the players hating and disrespecting police.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    besides encouraging racism, dividing a nation and promoting disrespect towards law enforcement and military.
    people will be all over the place on this subject but what exactly is being accomplished positively by doing this?
    Today kind of feels like the unofficial “jump the shark” moment for the NFL which isn’t necessarily a bad thing at this point. It’s been a good run.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I know there are many that support the protests. Of course we all support the right to protest. But when you ask yourself what is the goal and are the accomplishing that goal? I have my doubts. Have there been abuses from police? you bet. Is law enforcement systemic in it's abuse? I don't think so. But I'm sure taking a knee before a game is not going to sway the extremely small amount of law enforcement that are abusers. The problem with dbags like that is they don't care what others think. So are these protests effective? I don't think so.

But I will say this. One of the reasons I think these protests are ineffective is the bubble these players live in and how disconnected they are from the real world.

In other words, how many of us could show up to our place of employment - stage a protest and keep our jobs?
    [URL="http://s43.photobucket.com/user/stimko74/media/slpo9.jpeg.html"]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...o74/slpo9.jpeg[/URL]

2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    Today kind of feels like the unofficial “jump the shark” moment for the NFL which isn’t necessarily a bad thing at this point. It’s been a good run.
    If the NFL has jumped the shark, it is due to the CTE stuff. Not because some orange President called the players sons of bitches, and they responded to it in this way.

It is just so amazing (i.e. sad) to me, that so many seemingly agree with his sentiment.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    If the NFL has jumped the shark, it is due to the CTE stuff. Not because some orange President called the players sons of bitches, and they responded to it in this way.

It is just so amazing (i.e. sad) to me, that so many seemingly agree with his sentiment.
    actually, the so called "Protesting" started long before anything the President may have said to spark today's events.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post

The NFL jumped the shark due to putting out a really bad product. The Thursday games are usually always awful. There's way too many injuries. After 100 years, nobody knows for sure what a catch is. There's a flag on every play. A commercial every 2 minutes. Players are way more interested in their stats, their celebrations, and now their political agendas than just winning a game.

Banned

User Info Menu

Because clearly that was the message during the protests, all the players hating and disrespecting police.
    they started by supporting kaepernick and thats what he promotes