Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers will remain in locker room during National Anthem

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Seriously, they should have remained in the locker room for the rest of the game too, considering that they didn't actually show up and haven't shown up all season long.

Starter

User Info Menu

We lost today cause we spit on our American Flag and Country today.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by diamondlucy View Post
    We lost today cause we spit on our American Flag and Country today.
    If you really believe that, you need to visit a shrink or a priest or something. If they'd won, would you be saying that we should make it a tradition to spit on flags before every game? The Jags "spit on the flag" by your foolish definition and won 44-7. Perhaps we should have gone out and explicitly protested?

What a moron!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    If you really believe that, you need to visit a shrink or a priest or something. If they'd won, would you be saying that we should make it a tradition to spit on flags before every game? The Jags "spit on the flag" by your foolish definition and won 44-7. Perhaps we should have gone out and explicitly protested?

What a moron!

Win or lose. What they did was a total slap in the face to every man or woman who has worn the uniform for our Country. It's as simple as that.

Starter

User Info Menu

This was the least painless Steelers loss that I can ever remember. Usually I’d be pissed after this kind of a loss but today it’s total apathy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The NFL could make this a complete non issue by just stopping playing the anthem before all games. Why do you need to be patriotic to be entertained watching guys give each other brain damage?

People died for our freedom to watch guys kill each other in stadiums every Sunday. How patriotic is that really anyway? Seriously? It's a sport. Nothing more. Nothing less. In 100+ years people will look back and think we were all idiots anyway no different than watching gladiators in the roman coliseum. Why do we pretend to be patriotic on Sundays before kickoffs anyway. No one thinks about this stuff the majority of the time. Why interrupt sports. Politics. Pride. Religion. They all precede the downfall of every society.

Trump only gets to be a bozo because there are millions more bigger bozos that voted for him. It's a sad time in our history. It's embarrassing we have to talk about him. I think the best solution is to just ignore him. What if every news outlet agreed to stop covering him completely. What if there was no news about him out there.

I can't figure out America anymore. I would have thought the grabbing women by their p$ssy line would have disqualified him from any votes whatsoever. I honestly can't begin to fathom how anyone would vote for the guy. It doesn't compute. Now he completely disgraces the position by calling citizens SOBs. How presidential. What a classy guy.

The ironic end result will be 7 more years of this guy in office. The stupider he gets, the more the media covers him, and the more people will vote for him. It's really become a strange world we live in.
    Maybe some don't 'feel patriotic' but I guarantee there are others that do. I have two uncles who served in Vietnam and every time I attend a game I think of their sacrifice.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Good move by the Steelers. I'm happy about simply staying in the locker room instead of joining the media circus.
    They didn't all stay in the locker room. AV was out there showing respect to his country.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Maybe some don't 'feel patriotic' but I guarantee there are others that do. I have two uncles who served in Vietnam and every time I attend a game I think of their sacrifice.

Amen Brother. Look, I am not against those who choose to sit or protest the anthem ON THE FIELD. But, when you choose to have your entire team stay in the locker room, it then appears that everyone is for it...and you damn well know that is not the case. So keeping them in the Locker room is a stupid no class thing to do.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Villanueva is getting a ton of props on social media, as the "lone" Steeler to come out for the anthem... as if he went rogue from the rest of the team. Tomlin did give a pre-game interview, where he said the team would stay in as a sign of unity.

My question is whether the team elected AV to go out alone, or whether AV went out on his own.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Villanueva is getting a ton of props on social media, as the "lone" Steeler to come out for the anthem... as if he went rogue from the rest of the team. Tomlin did give a pre-game interview, where he said the team would stay in as a sign of unity.

My question is whether the team elected AV to go out alone, or whether AV went out on his own.
    Im more inclined to believe AV said something along the lines of "Im going out to pay respect to my country... if one of you snowflakes want to try to stop me... bring it on...