Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How good is Ben at reading defenses?

Legend

User Info Menu

Sometimes I wish that Ben would take the higher % completion for a 1st down than to take the lower % completion deep shot on 3rd downs. There's nothing wrong with extending drives.

Legend

User Info Menu

Some stats guru ought to crunch #s. For example, "here's how many yards Ben got on x% completion on the long bombs. Assuming he'd thrown short crossing patterns instead at a 70% completion rate, here's how many yards he world have gotten instead."

Never mind, it's way too complicated, if for no other reason it doesn't include down and distance factors, etc.

We're just going to have to buckle in and enjoy the ride (with ups and downs) ... like we've always done!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Some stats guru ought to crunch #s. For example, "here's how many yards Ben got on x% completion on the long bombs. Assuming he'd thrown short crossing patterns instead at a 70% completion rate, here's how many yards he world have gotten instead."

Never mind, it's way too complicated, if for no other reason it doesn't include down and distance factors, etc.

We're just going to have to buckle in and enjoy the ride (with ups and downs) ... like we've always done!
    you really think people on here enjoy the ride?

Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Well, maybe a bit more than the people in Cleveland are enjoying theirs. Or Cincinatti. Or Baltimore. Or KC. Or Miami. Or ...

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    More likely they really enjoy complaining about: Why can't we stop to go to the bathroom? Why is the road so bumpy? Why is there so much traffic? Why others are going so slow? Why do they have to sit in the backseat? Why can't we stop to get something to eat? On and on and on!!!!

Some people can't be happy unless they are unhappy

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben didn't have a great deep ball when he came into the league. It's progressed over the yrs. I think a lot of times when Ben goes deep he makes that decision just b4 the ball is snapped. Overall he's not a great deep ball QB but he's good to very good.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Ben didn't have a great deep ball when he came into the league. It's progressed over the yrs. I think a lot of times when Ben goes deep he makes that decision just b4 the ball is snapped. Overall he's not a great deep ball QB but he's good to very good.
    slapdick says he's the best. im waiting for him to provide the proof

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    slapdick says he's the best. im waiting for him to provide the proof
    All you had to do was ask...and, you could have asked like an adult, but, I understand that is asking a lot of you.

This is what I was referring to:

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    It's truth. PFF put something out just this past summer.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Rookie

User Info Menu

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Ben-Roethlisberger-is-the-NFLs-most-dangerous-deep-ball-QB-52062658
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    All you had to do was ask...and, you could have asked like an adult, but, I understand that is asking a lot of you.

This is what I was referring to:
    Slappy--why do you bother responding to that moron? Don't feed the troll.