Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Watching Tonight...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Ya just goes to show you that dumping money into CB's doesn't make you better in pass defense.
    while I think going man makes us better I also think this proves that focusing on beating one team is a terrible strategy. Maybe KC comes back to earth with the loss of EB and the Pats rebound but honestly, the Pats looked pretty meh last night.

Gronk still looks like he is the walking wounded, the defense wasn't making plays and Brady was flinching half the night and missed on some easy throws.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    No. Chiefs defense is playing almost exclusively man coverage. And good man coverage. Steelers defense could only wish to play that way.
    that has been the problem when we play the pats** for the last decade. our DC's opt to play zone and give brady 40 open completions per game. Even under Lebeau with a really good defense, it was still the gameplan. And that was just dumb.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    that has been the problem when we play the pats** for the last decade. our DC's opt to play zone and give brady 40 open completions per game. Even under Lebeau with a really good defense, it was still the gameplan. And that was just dumb.
    It's a personnel thing. Trying to man up with the likes of Cockrell, Gay, etc. (better zone than man corners) would have gotten you beat worse than playing zone. It's entirely different with Burns and Haden (better man than zone corners). Plus you have guys like Sutton, Allen, and Hilton to develop as well.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Banned

User Info Menu

All I know is we better handle our business in Cleveland and that we should be one game up on the Patriots in the race for homefield advantage throughout the playoffs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes Chiefs play a lot of man coverage but they also give up a lot of yards, it's not like they shut people down. The only reason Brady had 0 passing TD's is because Gilislee had 3 rushing TD's, if you have to score 30+ points to win I don't think you can look at that as a good defensive showing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Yes Chiefs play a lot of man coverage but they also give up a lot of yards, it's not like they shut people down. The only reason Brady had 0 passing TD's is because Gilislee had 3 rushing TD's, if you have to score 30+ points to win I don't think you can look at that as a good defensive showing.
    ehh, I watched Brady throw a few out of the back of the end zone because the coverage was on point.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

the bigger story is KC didn't settle for FG's. They scored TD's and made plays on offense while we usually don't make those plays.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    ehh, I watched Brady throw a few out of the back of the end zone because the coverage was on point.
    A few but inside the 5 they mostly ran it, also they went up and down the field easily against the chiefs, they scored 27 points.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    the bigger story is KC didn't settle for FG's. They scored TD's and made plays on offense while we usually don't make those plays.
    I agree, my point was that they didnt win because of their defense, I thought both teams looked pretty weak on defense.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That game made for an enjoyable evening.