Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watching Tonight...

Backup

User Info Menu

Watching Tonight...

Now this is just a theory, but does anyone else feel like our Patriot problem is mostly psychosomatic? Watching this game tonight, I know it's super early, but watching this pretty unimpressive Chiefs team compete with these guys, I can't help but feel like there's no reason we shouldn't be able to do the same (if not much more).

Legend

User Info Menu

I hear ya. I keep seeing us beat KC in the playoffs ("The Lean") as I'm watching this. This is our year, baby, this is our year!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Rookie

User Info Menu

All that money that they spent on Stephon Gilmore didn't help the Pats** on that play...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnjerm3000 View Post
    Now this is just a theory, but does anyone else feel like our Patriot problem is mostly psychosomatic? Watching this game tonight, I know it's super early, but watching this pretty unimpressive Chiefs team compete with these guys, I can't help but feel like there's no reason we shouldn't be able to do the same (if not much more).
    No. Chiefs defense is playing almost exclusively man coverage. And good man coverage. Steelers defense could only wish to play that way.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    All that money that they spent on Stephon Gilmore didn't help the Pats** on that play...
    What kind of coverage was that on Tyreek Hill!?!? Certainly not what you'd expect when you sign a guy to a 5 year, $65,000,000 contract, including a $18,000,000 signing bonus, $40,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $13,000,000. They could be regretting that deal almost immediately.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    No. Chiefs defense is playing almost exclusively man coverage. And good man coverage. Steelers defense could only wish to play that way.
    *sigh* Good point. Still see us giving their defense far more problems than KC.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    What kind of coverage was that on Tyreek Hill!?!? Certainly not what you'd expect when you sign a guy to a 5 year, $65,000,000 contract, including a $18,000,000 signing bonus, $40,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $13,000,000. They could be regretting that deal almost immediately.
    In all fairness, who the hell can cover Tyreek Hill. The guy is so fricken elusive. But I hope they do end up regretting that signing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Chiefs have too many penalties....24-21 Pats about to go in, game over

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Chiefs have too many penalties....24-21 Pats about to go in, game over
    and dumb penalties (of course most are). If KC had a decent offense this could be a game, but KC is a teaser.

Rookie

User Info Menu

The penalty count is like, 15-5 or something ridiculous...I think the refs' balls deflate when they call a game in Foxboro...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.