Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there any way...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    I'm sorry but you keep at it until you finish the job. I'm mean come on, Ross Cockrell!! Nice kid, but we could have done better....
    The point is that they HAVE kept at it...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Watt doesn't start at ROLB? Watt starts game one, with JH spelling him occasionally.

Hilton doesn't make the Final 53?.... yes, he takes Golson's spot (Golson goes to Practice Squad)

LJ Fort isn't on the Final 53? This is the one I am unsure of.

McCullers isn't cut? McCullers gets cut. His ceiling has been reached.

Heyward Bey makes the final roster? He and Coates make it. Hunter is a casualty.

Gay makes the final roster? Yes. This will be his last year.

A guy needs to know!!!!!!
    Here ya go (IMO) The only one I am unsure of his LJ Fort. Don't know what kind of camp he has had. It's between him and Johnson, with Johnson having a slight edge.

Legend

User Info Menu

Watt doesn't start at ROLB?

Hilton doesn't make the Final 53?

LJ Fort isn't on the Final 53?

McCullers isn't cut?

Heyward Bey makes the final roster?

Gay makes the final roster?

Watt doesn't start at ROLB? Only way he doesn't start is if he is hurt.

Hilton doesn't make the Final 53? He has made himself really difficult not to keep.

LJ Fort isn't on the Final 53? Same with Fort he has played really well.

McCullers isn't cut? hasn't given the Steelers any reason to keep him.

Heyward Bey makes the final roster? Going to be tough, but none of our receivers really have gotten a chance to shine with Dobbs struggling to figure things out.

Gay makes the final roster? I think he is done, but who knows with injuries.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Here ya go (IMO) The only one I am unsure of his LJ Fort. Don't know what kind of camp he has had. It's between him and Johnson, with Johnson having a slight edge.
    Fort had a better camp then Johnson. He is more athletic and play speed is good which is needed as he is not a thumping type backer. Not sure he couldn't bounce outside in a pinch as he took a few reps at camp outside. Unspectacular but solid back up who contributes on special teams. He should make 53.

Legend

User Info Menu

Rules of the game are:

1. Provide your opinion on each statement
    2. Add your own statements for others to comment on

Geeez
    Wait what there are rules? Crap...

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As long as Gay and Bay is cut, I really don't care about the rest. I think those are wasted roster spots.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Watt doesn't start at ROLB?
    Yes, Deebo
    Hilton doesn't make the Final 53?
    He should over guys that cant get on the field due to injury

LJ Fort isn't on the Final 53?
    Love this guy and should only get better

McCullers isn't cut?
    Is he still on the team?LOL

Heyward Bey makes the final roster?
    He's a big if in a crowded position

Gay makes the final roster?
    Due to injuries i believe he does

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The point is that they HAVE kept at it...
    So you are happy with the defense - no need to improve 'eh? Okay! To each their own. I still maintain, no defense, no championships!

Anyways - getting back to the questionnaire, there is no way I am keeping Hayward-Bey over Justin Hunter or any other up and coming receiver. He is just not that valuable.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    So you are happy with the defense - no need to improve 'eh? Okay! To each their own. I still maintain, no defense, no championships!

Anyways - getting back to the questionnaire, there is no way I am keeping Hayward-Bey over Justin Hunter or any other up and coming receiver. He is just not that valuable.
    I'm with you 100% on Heyward Bey. Take Hunter or Ayers. Maybe even Trey Williams after that punt return.

Pretty much feel the same way about Gay. Thank both for their contributions, give them a gold watch and move on with younger guys

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Fort had a better camp then Johnson. He is more athletic and play speed is good which is needed as he is not a thumping type backer. Not sure he couldn't bounce outside in a pinch as he took a few reps at camp outside. Unspectacular but solid back up who contributes on special teams. He should make 53.
    Although Matakevich filled in for Vince when he missed time early in camp, and filled in for Shazier with him being out lately, come the regular season, I think Dirty Red is the primary backup to Vince, and Fort is the primary backup to Shazier. Style-wise, 44 is most similar to 98 (can play run-stopping thumper role) and 54 is most similar to 50 (more of a sideline-to-sideline "run-and-hit" role).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.