Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trumaine Johnson were kicking the tires on a trade?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Trumaine Johnson were kicking the tires on a trade?

Rumors about possible trade of this corner with us being in the mix. Not a lot of info out on if it's serious or not. Interesting option for sure.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I read this as well...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why would we consider this when our cornerback situation is rock solid?

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Seriously, I cannot for the life of me see how this will happen since he already signed a 17 million dollar franchise offer.
    How can we negotiate a reasonable contract when he has that as leverage. Its worse than Bell.

Only chance is if he wants a SB badly, sees himself as the missing piece with a team like ours, and will take huge financial hit to get a ring

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

It would have to be a sign-and-trade deal or the numbers simply don't work.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    It would have to be a sign-and-trade deal or the numbers simply don't work.
    And what kind of deal would incentivise him to do that? Same situation as Bell.

TCFCLTC-

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Why would we consider this when our cornerback situation is rock solid?
    Injuries, perhaps?
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

My guess is that L.A. was exploring trying to add a wideout and were willing to part with a corner. We had a surplus of wideouts and were interested in Johnson. But then the Rams got WR Sammy Watkins for a package including CB E.J. Gaines instead. So this is possibility is likely dead now after today's trade with Buffalo.

But what if we both wanted to swap out disgruntled franchise players if L.A. would be willing to give Bell the RB1-WR2 money he wants and we could give Trumaine Johnson the opportunity to win that wasn't happening with the Rams if he'd be willing to accept the long-term contract we offered Le'Veon already. Perhaps some kind of deal highlighted by, say, Trumaine Johnson and Todd Gurley going to Pittsburgh and Le'Veon Bell and Ross Cockrell going to Los Angeles. Just spitballing. Would the multi-year deadline limitation for franchise tagged players still apply if those players were traded to new teams?
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 08-12-2017 at 12:26 AM.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Injuries, perhaps?
    One would think we are actually trying to upgrade Cockrells position.
    So you are suggesting a long term deal with a guy who already has a 17 million dollar contract so he can offer "depth" in case Cockrell or Burns gets injured?

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    My guess is that L.A. was exploring trying to add a wideout and were willing to part with a corner. We had a surplus of wideouts and were interested in Johnson. But then the Rams got WR Sammy Watkins for a package including CB E.J. Gaines instead. So this is possibility is likely dead now after today's trade with Buffalo.

But what if we both wanted to swap out disgruntled franchise players if L.A. would be willing to give Bell the RB1-WR2 money he wants and we could give Trumaine Johnson the opportunity to win that wasn't happening with the Rams if he'd be willing to accept the long-term contract we offered Le'Veon already. Perhaps some kind of deal highlighted by, say, Trumaine Johnson and Todd Gurley going to Pittsburgh and Le'Veon Bell and Ross Cockrell going to Los Angeles. Just spitballing. Would the multi-year deadline limitation for franchise tagged players still apply if those players were traded to new teams?
    That is a VERY interesting scenario......IF we think Johnson is is not only a HUGE upgrade over Cockrell but an elite caliber player at his position.

TCFCLTC-