Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Next,,( Please )

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Next time I see a thread started by DiamondLucy I will think to myself "Next Please"
    Dumbest thread of the season so far. This one will be tough to beat.

Not trying to be Insulting but...I just know..even after a few playsof a QB career if that QB will amount to anything. I mean you can just see it. Even if his numbers are not there..you can see if a kid has poise, and the smarts needed to play the position. And Dobbs to me just does not have it. Not as a starter anyways. Look at Zak Prescott's first game last year in pre-season..he was like 16-20...300 yards and 120 rushing yards on like 9 carries...3 TD and ZERO Interceptions.

Like I said...you just know. I saw this in Landry Jones in his first few series back when he was a rookie. And..was I right then ?...Yeah I thought so.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by diamondlucy View Post
    Not trying to be Insulting but...I just know..even after a few playsof a QB career if that QB will amount to anything. I mean you can just see it. Even if his numbers are not there..you can see if a kid has poise, and the smarts needed to play the position. And Dobbs to me just does not have it. Not as a starter anyways. Look at Zak Prescott's first game last year in pre-season..he was like 16-20...300 yards and 120 rushing yards on like 9 carries...3 TD and ZERO Interceptions.

Like I said...you just know. I saw this in Landry Jones in his first few series back when he was a rookie. And..was I right then ?...Yeah I thought so.
    Go take a look at John Elway first game of his career.

I know what you mean if we're talking about RBs....but QB?? I'm willing to wait a few games.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=SidSmythe;699384]Go take a look at John Elway first game of his career.

I know what you mean if we're talking about RBs....but QB?? I'm willing to wait a few games.[/QUOTE

Well are you talking about Elway when he first lined up over the Guard ? That is Nerves. But you could see early on that Elway had a leaders bravado. Like I said, what individual stats ANY player gets is not the issue. It's the way Dobbs just carries himself out there. It's like he doesn't wanna make a decision, or take the reins. Hey, maybe I am wrong. I hope Iam. But I just doesn't see a great starting QB in his future. As where Dak Prescott ( 4th rounder )..I see him as a 12 time All-NFL QB who will put up great Stats..but likely will win a few Super Bowls as well.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Nice Touchdown throw by Dobbs.

Legend

User Info Menu

What a dumb thread. I had a feeling once he ran for a few yards he would settle down. Rough start but he bounced back.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Watson showing good vision one cut n go. Has done it in camp and here a bit tonight. K Davis in a battle.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tucker battles against our other wr's daily for reps gets open deep for 6 n bad pass. Kid has some talent but no luck.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dobbs pretty much showed what he was at UT. questionable decision making and erratic throws

he is a major project and i doubt he ever amounts to much as a pro QB

no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater after one game

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by diamondlucy View Post

What exactly about Ben's 1 TD 2 pick 71 QB rating as a preseason rook inspired confidence in his ability as a "cerebral" QB? Ben looked anything but "poised" in the preseason.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 08-11-2017 at 10:09 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Not impressed by Dobbs but, only one game.... Houston played well!!