Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dobbs is starting vs Giants

Legend

User Info Menu

I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

By Josh Alper
    August 9, 2017, 12:33 PM EDT
    Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown won’t play this week

It’s been clear for some time that the Steelers wouldn’t have running back Le'Veon Bell on the field for their preseason opener and the team announced that they will also face the Giants without two other key offensive players.

Coach Mike Tomlin announced on Wednesday that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and wide receiver Antonio Brown will also be out of the lineup to start the exhibition season. He said that everyone else who is healthy enough to play will be in the lineup.

That does not include backup quarterback Landry Jones, who has been out of action because of an abdominal injury. That has led to increased reps for fourth-round pick Josh Dobbs and Dobbs will be the starter against the Giants on Friday night. Bart Houston is the only other quarterback on the Steelers roster.

When the Steelers re-signed Jones this offseason, it was likely with the intent of keeping him as their No. 2 behind Roethlisberger. The extended look at Dobbs could alter those plans, especially if he shows well in game action.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Banned

User Info Menu

Go Dobbs!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

I hope he does well, but I don't expect a Montana like performance for his first NFL action...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I hope he does well, but I don't expect a Montana like performance for his first NFL action...
    yeah, I expect a few bad decisions but I want to see if he can make a few splash plays. He was an exciting player to watch in college

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Most rookies struggle with consistency. Some great plays followed by WTF!?!... Would not be a huge surprise if Dobbs looks rookie-like.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Can't wait to see Josh Dobbs. I am not going to act like I know something about him that I don't, other than watching his youtube clips. However, I just think he is going to surprise a lot of people who don't think he is just there to carry Ben and LJ's jock straps.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    Can't wait to see Josh Dobbs. I am not going to act like I know something about him that I don't, other than watching his youtube clips. However, I just think he is going to surprise a lot of people who don't think he is just there to carry Ben and LJ's jock straps.
    He is the truth. He's like Kordell Stewart with a better arm. However, he is prone to make bad decisions when pressed in the pocket or in close games but I think that was due to a bad OL and being 80% of the offense in college.

If he plays within himself he will look like Dak Prescott. One flaw is his accuracy over the middle with deeper throws. The ball can get away from him at times.

I watched him a ton at UT. He will move the chains a few times with his feet but I want to see if he gets happy feet and takes off too soon or settles in and makes the right reads. Don't be surprised if he tucks and runs for 30 yards or so, he has some serious wheels.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I am super-siked on that assessment alone. I can't remember the last time Ben or Landry even tried to make a play with their legs. Do you know how many first downs and goal line scores we could have had if only he had jumped his big ass over the pile????

Rookie

User Info Menu

Kordell Stewart with a better arm? Do you mean more accurate? Kordell had a hell of an arm...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.