Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Move past Bell...time for Tuitt and AV

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    who said it guarantees health? you are being obtuse because you are bitter.

I love it when message board debates reach the point where we tell the other person how they feel...you'll be referencing Hitler next...

At any rate, you said this:

what's best for the team is having Bell healthier later in the season THIS year.
    Referencing the idea of reducing Bell's number of carries, so he can be healthy later in the season. I merely pointed out that, with the types of injuries Bell has suffered, reducing the number of carries may not change anything...

Perhaps you're bitter because I pointed that out...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Well, let's look at Bell's injury history...

In 2013, Bell missed the first three games due to injury. He had not actually carried the ball. I don't think that injury was due to overworking him.

In 2014, Bell suffered a hyperextended knee when Reggie Nelson hit him in that knee. That is just something that could have happened just as easily on carry 5 as on carry 25. Overworked? You could debate that, but there is no evidence to support it...

In 2015, Bell suffered an MCL injury when Vontaze Burfict went after his knee. Again, it could happen just as easily on carry 5 as carry 25.

In 2016, Bell suffered a groin injury. Again, not necessarily something due to overwork. Groin injuries are a result of taking a cut on turf. Carry 5 or carry 25, it can happen. Overwork? Again, debatable, but no evidence.

Reducing the number of carries does not guarantee health.
    Point taken... at the same time... Increasing the number of carries does not equal a decrease in the chances of getting injured

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Point taken... at the same time... Increasing the number of carries does not equal a decrease in the chances of getting injured
    I agree completely. Sometimes, your best ability is your availability.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Seems obvious to me. Running him "til the wheels fall off" will increase his chances for injury.

We got Connor for a reason, use him to spell Bell instead of counting Bells 12 mill as a reason to give him 400 touches.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Seems obvious to me. Running him "til the wheels fall off" will increase his chances for injury.

We got Connor for a reason, use him to spell Bell instead of counting Bells 12 mill as a reason to give him 400 touches.
    If he touches the ball 400 times, it's because he's the best back in the league.

Legend

User Info Menu

If he touches the ball 400 times, it's because he's the best back in the league.
    he can be the best back in the league with 320 touches.

we can do this all week but lets agree to disagree. You think he should touch the ball a ton and I think he can reduce his touches without it impacting his production.

we drafted Conner and I expect him to get a few touches a game once he is acclimated.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

I love it when message board debates reach the point where we tell the other person how they feel...you'll be referencing Hitler next...

At any rate, you said this:

Referencing the idea of reducing Bell's number of carries, so he can be healthy later in the season. I merely pointed out that, with the types of injuries Bell has suffered, reducing the number of carries may not change anything...

Perhaps you're bitter because I pointed that out...

When it gets personal and the name calling and personal accusations start then usually time to find another thread or start a new one

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    When it gets personal and the name calling and personal accusations start then usually time to find another thread or start a new one
    STFU, you JJ lovin, Tomlin hatin buttclown.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    lmao... well played.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post

I was referring to other posters not useless P.O.S. like JJ. BTW to set the record straight you have never heard an ill word from me about Tomlin. IMO huge improvement over "attention whore" Cowher