Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Ben and Jesse James are bonding in the red zone

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    That sounds almost exactly like what people said about Antonio Brown and Mike Wallace...
    It is. JuJu won't be getting open much in the NFL anyways. He didn't get open much in college. He doesn't seem to need to get open in order to make catches. Hes scrappy and tough. I'm sure he will get his fair share of RZ TDs. I predict 4.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    It is. JuJu won't be getting open much in the NFL anyways. He didn't get open much in college. He doesn't seem to need to get open in order to make catches. Hes scrappy and tough. I'm sure he will get his fair share of RZ TDs. I predict 4.
    lol, I can't wait for you to be wrong about another WR. JuJu will get open just fine. I think you guys are a little too heavy handedwith the lack of separation in the scouting report due to his 4.5 speed.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Instead of worrying about who's right or wrong on who will be getting the TD's; how about we all just bask in the gloriousness of an offense that should be damn near unstoppable. Barring injury, this team has no excuses not to put up a ton of points.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Instead of worrying about who's right or wrong on who will be getting the TD's; how about we all just bask in the gloriousness of an offense that should be damn near unstoppable. Barring injury, this team has no excuses not to put up a ton of points.
    It'll be Haley 's fault if they DON'T score at least 30 a game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    It'll be Haley 's fault if they DON'T score at least 30 a game.
    No way... it's obviously Tomlin's fault.

Unless it's Ben's fault instead.

Or maybe Le'Veon sitting out all of the offseason activities is the reason.

Or possibly Antonio's end zone dancing and Facebook Live and Instagram models.

Ah, forget it...we all know it's my fault.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    lol, I can't wait for you to be wrong about another WR. JuJu will get open just fine. I think you guys are a little too heavy handedwith the lack of separation in the scouting report due to his 4.5 speed.
    What are you talking about? Strawman again? Wrong about what? His struggles to get open? I said it doesn't matter. He makes tough catches covered. Watch the guys college film. He is often blanketed and still catches balls.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    No way... it's obviously Tomlin's fault.

Unless it's Ben's fault instead.

Or maybe Le'Veon sitting out all of the offseason activities is the reason.

Or possibly Antonio's end zone dancing and Facebook Live and Instagram models.

Ah, forget it...we all know it's my fault.
    It's obviously Ben's fault since he can't score in the RZ. Just ask Dizz.

Legend

User Info Menu

What are you talking about? Strawman again? Wrong about what? His struggles to get open? I said it doesn't matter. He makes tough catches covered. Watch the guys college film. He is often blanketed and still catches balls.
    Yes, his "struggles" to get open? JuJu was open a ton in college but he works underneath half the time so of course he wins he 10 yards wide open. He didn't just make tough catches if you watched his film. You don't struggle to get open and put up those kind of stats. He wasn't always blanketed and I think your prediction is off.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

It's obviously Ben's fault since he can't score in the RZ. Just ask Dizz.
    He definitely deserves the most blame. Every year we hear about this high powered offense and most years we still had terrible RZ numbers. Anyway me who is honest with themselves will admit Ben isn't the best RZ QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Yes, his "struggles" to get open? JuJu was open a ton in college but he works underneath half the time so of course he wins he 10 yards wide open. He didn't just make tough catches if you watched his film. You don't struggle to get open and put up those kind of stats. He wasn't always blanketed and I think your prediction is off.
    If you watch the film you'll notice that JuJu isn't a speed guy. That isn't his game. He isn't a guy who can run a streak and beat an NFL DB. You are right in one sense, USC used him mostly underneath and that was for a reason. If he gets open its based on solid route running on those short to intermediate routes. If you read the scouting reports you'll also notice the scouts observed the same thing. Now, if you have some film of him taking the top off the D and beating college DBs with speed streaks then please point me in the right direction...I'm willing to reconsider my stance. You do seem desperate and excited to glean my posts looking for something I may be wrong about. So, maybe I'm wrong about this...maybe the dude is a speed demon and will be ripping up 50 yard streaks at will. But, I just dont see it. Frankly, thats not his game...nor was it why he was brought in. And obviously doesn't need streak speed to be effective.