Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: juju voodoo

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    What happens if Burns...burns one? What if Davis blows a knee? The Steelers knew Bryant would be reinstated. And with that you have three of the best receivers in the game in AB, MB and Bell. Rodgers was also extremely effective last season. I just wish fans could admit it was a luxury pick.
    It is tough to debate this position.. it's a "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" type of deal. Heck... a guy like Justin Hunter could be a top notch receiver (having Ben throw to him).. Sammy Coates could easily return to early season form last year (prior to broken fingers).. DHB could also be an asset with his size/speed combination (if they'd dial his number more often).. It's fairly easy to make the case that this was a luxury pick. With that being said, the odds of Coats, DHB, Rogers stepping up their game (as a result of adding Ju-Ju) also increases. I don't hate the pick. Just hope they develop some of the DB's they have on the roster..

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    It is tough to debate this position.. it's a "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" type of deal. Heck... a guy like Justin Hunter could be a top notch receiver (having Ben throw to him).. Sammy Coates could easily return to early season form last year (prior to broken fingers).. DHB could also be an asset with his size/speed combination (if they'd dial his number more often).. It's fairly easy to make the case that this was a luxury pick. With that being said, the odds of Coats, DHB, Rogers stepping up their game (as a result of adding Ju-Ju) also increases. I don't hate the pick. Just hope they develop some of the DB's they have on the roster..
    I've never wanted to be more wrong in my life. But, I just don't think we did enough to improve our secondary. Despite what some believe...we ARE chasing the Pats. The Steelers are the second best team in the NFL. This offseason the Pats did more to improve than we did. That upsets me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I doubt it. If it was as easy as some suggest to move up a few spots why wouldn't you do it if secondary was a huge concern? I really think fans on here we're more concerned about the secondary than the FO.
    If that's the case, the entire FO needs to be fired.

Legend

User Info Menu

I've never wanted to be more wrong in my life. But, I just don't think we did enough to improve our secondary. Despite what some believe...we ARE chasing the Pats. The Steelers are the second best team in the NFL. This offseason the Pats did more to improve than we did. That upsets me.
    agreed... I've said it all along..we've got to finish ahead of NE in the playoff seedings to have a chance.

Legend

User Info Menu

If that's the case, the entire FO needs to be fired.
    Yeah, you should quit you job and drive to Pittsburgh. I'm sure they could use you in the FO.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    agreed... I've said it all along..we've got to finish ahead of NE in the playoff seedings to have a chance.
    yeah, cause we definitely have a history of beating NE in the playoffs at home. IMO it doesn't matter where we play NE, its how we play them.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 06-23-2017 at 08:30 PM.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

yeah, cause we definitely have a history of beating NE in the playoffs at home. IMO it doesn't matter where we play NE, its how we play them.
    Yeah. 10 char

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Rookie

User Info Menu

What happens if Burns...burns one? What if Davis blows a knee? The Steelers knew Bryant would be reinstated. And with that you have three of the best receivers in the game in AB, MB and Bell. Rodgers was also extremely effective last season. I just wish fans could admit it was a luxury pick.
    Did the Steelers know Bryant would be reinstated? Were they (are they) able to fully trust that he will be available to play? And produce?

I just wish some fans would stop passing of their opinions as unassailable facts...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, you should quit you job and drive to Pittsburgh. I'm sure they could use you in the FO.
    They would be in pretty good shape if I graced that FO with my presence.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Did the Steelers know Bryant would be reinstated? Were they (are they) able to fully trust that he will be available to play? And produce?

I just wish some fans would stop passing of their opinions as unassailable facts...
    Yes, actually they did. Did you see Bryant training like a freak? Of course he was going to be able to contribute. And there was zero way after completing rehab, staying clean and doing his time they were going to not let him back.
    Last edited by Shawn; 06-23-2017 at 10:43 PM.