Thread: Steelers, Chargers, Bills line up visitis with Tre Boston

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers, Chargers, Bills line up visitis with Tre Boston

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...th-tre-boston/

Steelers, Chargers, Bills line up visitis with Tre Boston

Posted by Josh Alper on May 7, 2017, 7:26 AM EDT
    Getty Images

Safety Tre Boston lost his job with the Panthers after the draft came to an end, but he may not remain unemployed too long.

Boston’s found interest from several teams since hitting the open market a week ago and he’s making the rounds on visits with potential employers. Boston tweeted that he visited the Steelers at the end of the week and that he had trips lined up to see the Chargers and Bills.

The Steelers have Sean Davis and Mike Mitchell set as starting safeties, so Boston would be a depth option in Pittsbugh. That’s likely the case for the Chargers too and they drafted a pair of safeties last week. The Bills signed Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8448/jordan-poyer) as free agents this offseason and are expected to start them come September.

Boston was a 2014 fourth-round pick and made 10 starts for Carolina last season. They obviously didn’t go as well as the team would have hoped, but it doesn’t appear Boston’s performance will keep him from continuing his career in 2017.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Banned

User Info Menu

He left with no contract offer.

Legend

User Info Menu

Tre Boston saw God at a gas station, signed with the Chargers
    Posted by Darin Gantt on May 17, 2017, 1:53 PM EDT

There are a couple of different ways to look at this one.

One could say that a simple act of kindness set lucky Tre Boston down a new path, and to the other side of the country and a bright future.

Or one could say that gas fumes may have turned poor Tre Boston into Jimmy Haslam, soliciting future-altering football advice from a homeless guy.

I guess it sort of depends on what kind of person you are.

Here’s the story on the safety’s decision to sign with the Chargers rather than the Bills or the Steelers, via Eric Williams of ESPN.com. It begins with Boston pondering his future after being cut by the Panthers, and stopping to top off his tank at a Charlotte gas station when he met a man who would change his life.

“I crossed two lanes to get to the gas station,” Boston said. “I pump my gas. After I pump my gas, I put my wallet in my car. After I put my wallet in my car, there’s a guy with three kids and he asked me for a little bit of change, or if I had a dollar or two. I gave him a $20.

“So he tells me thank you so much, and that God put me in his life for a reason. And in my mind I’m saying you’re here for a reason, too. So in my mind I’m saying should I ask him, ‘L.A. or Buffalo.’ And before I could ask him, my man told me, ‘Thank you so much. There aren’t too many people like you in this world, God’s children. My name’s Mike Daniels, but people call me L.A.‘”

Boston was moved to tears, interpreted the man’s name as a sign from above, looked back at the gas station and saw a card that said “Jesus Saves,” and ended up talking to him for a half-hour and giving him four more $20s.

“I ended up giving him $100 because I knew he changed my life, just like I knew I changed his life,” Boston said. “Honestly, that’s the reason why I’m here. It didn’t matter how much money was given to me. It didn’t matter really who was on the team, it just happened to be a great fit.

“God told me to come here, and that’s my testimony. And that’s why I’m here.”

That story’s enough of a reason to root for Boston, who did what more people should do — he stopped and listened and shared his good fortune.

But he’s really, really lucky the guy’s name wasn’t Mike Manziel.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/17/tre-boston-saw-god-at-a-gas-station-signed-with-the-chargers/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.