Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Our 7th rounder...Keion Adams

Legend

User Info Menu

Reports have Keion Adams needing surgery and therefore likely spending his rookie season on I.R.

Looks like that would guarantee that the 5 OLB on our 53 man roster will be Dupree, Watt, Harrison, Chickillo, and Moats.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Reports have Keion Adams needing surgery and therefore likely spending his rookie season on I.R.

Looks like that would guarantee that the 5 OLB on our 53 man roster will be Dupree, Watt, Harrison, Chickillo, and Moats.
    Not a bad group of 5

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Not a bad group of 5
    really?

chick and moats are just guys, harrison is about to turn 40, dupree has a hard time staying healthy, and the last is an unproven rookie

i would say there is room for improvement there

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    really?

chick and moats are just guys, harrison is about to turn 40, dupree has a hard time staying healthy, and the last is an unproven rookie

You can't possibly have 5 All Pro OLB's, but we do have a couple of young athletic OLB prospects with excellent potential as your starters, a well respected veteran as your "relief pitcher" of sorts, and then a couple of solid, albeit unspectacular depth options who will contribute mostly on special teams. And then Keion Adams on I.R. to slot in next year after Deebo likely retires.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

please point out where i said we should have 5 All Pro OLB's

overall its an average group with a couple of potential double digit type sack guys but who are largely unproven to this point

if you dont agree, thats ok
    Last edited by Eddie Spaghetti; 08-23-2017 at 05:17 PM.

Banned

User Info Menu

There's only one way to become a proven commodity...if Dupree and Watt can do that this season, we'll be in good shape this year and moving forward...

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers place Adams on IR
    Posted 23 minutes ago

The Steelers placed LB Keion Adams on Reserve/Injured List and release two others.

The Steelers have placed linebacker Keion Adams on the team’s Reserve/Injured List, it was announced today.

Pittsburgh also released defensive end Christian Brown and tight end Phazahn Odom.

http://www.steelers.com/news/transactions/article-1/Steelers-place-Adams-on-IR/8c7c7224-2a6b-408f-aac2-b723b37e7bba

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    really?

sucks that the only guy that had a chance of making them any good this year was a rookie 7th round pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    sucks that the only guy that had a chance of making them any good this year was a rookie 7th round pick.

I thought the same thing. Our OLB linebacker situation hinges on a rookie OLB likely not to be active on game day. Pretty crazy

Banned

User Info Menu

I think Harrison, Watt and Dupree is a nice rotation of OLB's..