Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Why we picked JuJu

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    We were also razor thin at WR...
    When you consider the depth at ILB vs WR...there's no comparison.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bryant will not be re-signed after the 2018 season...does he have a 5th year option?
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    When you consider the depth at ILB vs WR...there's no comparison.
    IMO, there is...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Starter

User Info Menu

I'm not saying that Ayers, or even Rogers who was huge for us last year when we were thin at WR last season are for sure Gems. Nor is the acquisition of Hunter mean he will remain here. But here is a Conspiracy theory. With Ben maybe playing his last season here....could there be a chance ?...a chance that the Steelers might feel out the league...and see what they can get in a trade for Antonio Brown ?

I say this only because if Ben does retire after this season...would it be beneficial to keep a really high priced WR here when we will be breaking in a new QB ? Now don't get me wrong, I don't think we will do this this season. But lets say after the season...Ben retires..and we still have Brown here under contract for several years...in his Prime. Well lets say a team in the top-3-6 has a QB..is a decent team overall, but could really use a proven WR like Brown...would Pittsburgh consider a trade of Brown for that top-5 pick ? I mean maybe that would explain all these young WR now to get ready to take that next step up after this season ? Maybe there is more then what we all know regarding Brown's breech in live filming in the Locker room last season...like it is a total inexcusable act that the Steelers Old School organization beliefs won't totally forgive ?

Like I said, I am probably making too much of all this. But just asking...if come next draft, we find ourselves without Ben any longer, and we haave a chance to trade Brown for a top pick/s...do we consider it ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by diamondlucy View Post
    I'm not saying that Ayers, or even Rogers who was huge for us last year when we were thin at WR last season are for sure Gems. Nor is the acquisition of Hunter mean he will remain here. But here is a Conspiracy theory. With Ben maybe playing his last season here....could there be a chance ?...a chance that the Steelers might feel out the league...and see what they can get in a trade for Antonio Brown ?

I say this only because if Ben does retire after this season...would it be beneficial to keep a really high priced WR here when we will be breaking in a new QB ? Now don't get me wrong, I don't think we will do this this season. But lets say after the season...Ben retires..and we still have Brown here under contract for several years...in his Prime. Well lets say a team in the top-3-6 has a QB..is a decent team overall, but could really use a proven WR like Brown...would Pittsburgh consider a trade of Brown for that top-5 pick ? I mean maybe that would explain all these young WR now to get ready to take that next step up after this season ? Maybe there is more then what we all know regarding Brown's breech in live filming in the Locker room last season...like it is a total inexcusable act that the Steelers Old School organization beliefs won't totally forgive ?

Like I said, I am probably making too much of all this. But just asking...if come next draft, we find ourselves without Ben any longer, and we haave a chance to trade Brown for a top pick/s...do we consider it ?
    Would you consider trading Brown for the No. 1 pick next draft to grab Sam Darnold?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Would you consider trading Brown for the No. 1 pick next draft to grab Sam Darnold?

Well first off, depending what team gets that pick...Brown might not be near enough to get it no matter what. I mean lets say that a team like Houston struggles next year because they fast tracked a QB like Maholmes..and they suffer a few key defensive injuries, and go 3-13. Now, you know that they weren't that bad, they were just unfortunate. Now, would they like a WR like Brown ?...for sure. But, if a team that needs a QB is drafting say 3 spots down, and will give up their own # 4 pick, add in their 2nd rounder, and say their own Vet WR on the roster..who I am sure won't be a Antonio Brown, but they might consider that a better offer. I mean I don't wanna sell our entire 2018 Draft pick farm to get ANY rookie QB...No matter if it is Darnold..or the Washington kid Jake Browning..who also looked pretty darn good.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    IMO, there is...
    Who do we have other than Shazier who's been anything more than a back up? There's a heck of a lot more talent in the WR corp than there is at ILB.

Starter

User Info Menu

Who do we have other than Shazier who's been anything more than a back up? There's a heck of a lot more talent in the WR corp than there is at ILB.

ANY player in the league, whether a starter or a Back-up is way way more proven then ANY college prospect...not until they actual enter the league, and prove themselves. So yeah, I can easily say that V.Williams is a way better and PROVEN ILB then ANYONE in this draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by diamondlucy View Post
    ANY player in the league, whether a starter or a Back-up is way way more proven then ANY college prospect...not until they actual enter the league, and prove themselves. So yeah, I can easily say that V.Williams is a way better and PROVEN ILB then ANYONE in this draft.
    We are comparing depth at ILB v. WR's. You are off topic. Might be a topic for another thread if you want to start one though.

Legend

User Info Menu

Im down on the pick because there were some quality ILB's there when we picked Juju...and we are razor thin at ILB. If Timmons were still here, I could digest this pick a little better.
    But we don't know who was on the steelers board, maybe the ILB's they wanted already got picked and Schuster Smith was the top guy left on their board for the second round.