Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ovi's Final

Legend

User Info Menu

Ovi's Final

I know many will hate this draft, especially the first pick, but it adds lots of defense with some offense in the middle.

Round 1: Jabril Peppers, DB, Michigan. This pick would send the board into meltdown. Will be a better player than many think. Falls in line with drafting great athletic talent and speed on defense similar to Shazier. Type of player who can be used many ways like Troy was.

Round 2: Derek Rivers, OLB, Youngstown. Pass rusher for Harrison to groom. Got the speed our last bust at OLB didn’t have. It has become a speed game.

Round 3a: Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State. I just don’t trust Bryant going forward and Godwin just makes plays. Will be a solid #2 for many years.

Round 3b: Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland. Ben gets his TE of the future. I have a hunch this guy will be a star. Great athleticism and potential. Combined with J James will give us awesome two TE sets.

Round 4: James Connor, RB, Pitt. Good solid back up for Bell and by all accounts Tomlin loves the kid. High character player.

Round 5: Shaquille Griffin, DB, UCF. Fast player who makes plays all over the field.

Round 6: Nazair Jones, DT, UNC. Depth for DL. Got to admit this is the one pick I was less sure of but wanted DL depth.

Round 7: Garrett Sickels, DE/OLB, Penn State. Underrated player who will be solid pro. Kid just makes plays.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 04-24-2017 at 12:45 PM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I have mixed feelings on Peppers, but I like the DB fist and would really like the round 2-5 haul. I might look at a more versatile back than Connor, but otherwise I like it.

Banned

User Info Menu

I'm just not sold on Peppers; Id' feel better if that pick were Obi.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I know many will hate this draft, especially the first pick, but it adds lots of defense with some offense in the middle.

Round 1: Jabril Peppers, DB, Michigan. This pick would send the board into meltdown. Will be a better player than many think. Falls in line with drafting great athletic talent and speed on defense similar to Shazier. Type of player who can be used many ways like Troy was.

Round 2: Derek Rivers, OLB, Akron. Pass rusher for Harrison to groom. Got the speed our last bust at OLB didn’t have. It has become a speed game.

Round 3a: Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State. I just don’t trust Bryant going forward and Godwin just makes plays. Will be a solid #2 for many years.

Round 3b: Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland. Ben gets his TE of the future. I have a hunch this guy will be a star. Great athleticism and potential. Combined with J James will give us awesome two TE sets.

Round 4: James Connor, RB, Pitt. Good solid back up for Bell and by all accounts Tomlin loves the kid. High character player.

Round 5: Shaquille Griffin, DB, UCF. Fast player who makes plays all over the field.

Round 6: Nazair Jones, DT, UNC. Depth for DL. Got to admit this is the one pick I was less sure of but wanted DL depth.

Round 7: Garrett Sickels, DE/OLB, Penn State. Underrated player who will be solid pro. Kid just makes plays.
    Not a bad haul overall.

While Peppers isn't the safe pick, I'm ok with taking a chance. I'd be more comfortable taking him in the 2nd. Or even going for Baker who despite being smaller is the guy I like better at the S position in round 2.

But I'm down with the idea of swinging for the fences and not always settling on the safe pick. Safe picks lead to mediocre teams. But, if you're going to take a big chance in the 1st, you've gotta follow that up with big chances in later rounds too to spread your bets.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have seen much better mocks than this one. Not comfortable with Derek Rivers being our only pass-rushing addition. I am intrigued by Peppers and wouldn't go ballistic if we chose him, however, I would prefer a corner over a safety. I am thinking round #3 is too high for a WR. Last time we drafted Sammy Coates in the 3rd round when at that time I didn't understand the pick. Unless they feel there is a TE in the rounds 4-6 who can come in a contribute right away, I will be foregoing that pick as well. As I have said before, I am comfortable with what we have at TE, right now.

You are not going to be able to address everything you need in one draft, Since I do believe we are close to getting over that threshold, I will be focusing my first 4 picks on defense.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

OVI!! You and I have been the Board JJ haters since day 1 and now you're going to break up the band and go PEPPERS in round 1??

We've kicked the JJ can down the street for 5 yrs and as much as I like Rivers i'd rather get one of the big boys Day 1.
    Harris, Watt, Bowser or Willis.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Remove Pepper from the 1st, he just failed a drug test.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

TJ Watt will be our 1st round pick...Write it down..LOL

Banned

User Info Menu

Looking at our whole LB corps, ny ideal draft would be if we go OLB, OLB with our first two picks. That's what I"m really hoping for now. We need the depth and the rotating of LB's on the edge to be effective no matter who's in there so to that point, I hope Colbert just eliminates the OLB weakness all together.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

Round 2: Derek Rivers, OLB, Youngstown. Pass rusher for Harrison to groom. Got the speed our last bust at OLB didn’t have. It has become a speed game.

I would not complain as I like most of these guys a lot. Rivers some of my buds loved him at the senior bowl practices but I see him as a 4th round talent only because he struggles to get off blocks. So unless he's in a wide 9 which we don't play he is going to struggle to disengage imho. Could improve with pro coaching but 2nd is a bit to rich for me. Think he'll still be on the board start of day 3.