Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: no excuse for not having HFA

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Ya, everyone keeps saying Atlanta slowed down Brady, but Brady threw for 466 yards on them and the patriots scored 34 points.

Atlanta, 466 yards 34 points = good defensive game plan

Steelers 384 yards 36 points = worst game plan ever
    First half they were all over Brady. The problem in the second half IMO was a lack of adjustment, luck and an Atlanta offense who was trying to run up the score instead of running down the clock.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    First half they were all over Brady. The problem in the second half IMO was a lack of adjustment, luck and an Atlanta offense who was trying to run up the score instead of running down the clock.
    $$
    3 points allowed, 5 sacks, a fumble recovery and a pick 6.

i guess some had way to much too drink that day and dont actually remember the game that well so they have to look at the final game's stats

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    $$
    3 points allowed, 5 sacks, a fumble recovery and a pick 6.

i guess some had way to much too drink that day and dont actually remember the game that well so they have to look at the final game's stats
    How does that first half matter one bit? Total game they lost. The key was the Falcons offense in the second half. As the key to the Steelers AFCC game was a terrible offense.

Starter

User Info Menu

the post above the one you quoted, I said in the 1st half. that was the reference. a total of 3 points and a pick 6 for an atlanta defensive score
    Brady threw for 196 yards in the first half. The Atlanta defense did cause those two turnovers, so you're right, they were giving the Pats some problems. But they didn't shut down the Patriots in terms of keeping them from executing their offense, although they did keep them off the scoreboard.

before their defense was spent and had to go to a zone mid way or so in the 3rd quarter. atlanta's offense had the chance to help them out, but were snapping the ball with a lot of time left on the play clock
    There were two teams on the field, and the game is 60 minutes long (sometimes longer ). You appear to want to give the Atlanta defense praise for a good first 30 minutes, and the Atlanta offense blame for the last 30+ minutes. That's fine, but there are other ways to look at the game. The Patriots ran 99 plays on offense (93 official snaps plus 6 snaps that incurred penalties). Not all of them were in the second half and overtime. You don't run that many plays when your offense is being shut down.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Don't argue with the spoiled little B!+(h , he's always correct. Lol
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the first time? lolol

dude, you post your bull **** bashing every time ben doesn't have a perfect game
    You are such a dumb azz, I post about the coaching staff game plans more than anything, as such I'm labeled as good luck by one pOster who says every time I post bad about them, that we end up winning the game.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Like I said you are a spoiled little bi $$$!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    Brady threw for 196 yards in the first half. The Atlanta defense did cause those two turnovers, so you're right, they were giving the Pats some problems. But they didn't shut down the Patriots in terms of keeping them from executing their offense, although they did keep them off the scoreboard.

There were two teams on the field, and the game is 60 minutes long (sometimes longer ). You appear to want to give the Atlanta defense praise for a good first 30 minutes, and the Atlanta offense blame for the last 30+ minutes. That's fine, but there are other ways to look at the game. The Patriots ran 99 plays on offense (93 official snaps plus 6 snaps that incurred penalties). Not all of them were in the second half and overtime. You don't run that many plays when your offense is being shut down.
    not sure when you started to follow the post, but i said the atlanta defense slowed them down/stopped them in the 1st half and into the 3rd quarter

or, since you follow the pats more closely then us, is the 3 points at half, 5 sacks given up at halftime, and a brady pick 6 the normal kind of output you see from them after 30 minutes?
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 04-26-2017 at 02:24 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    You appear to want to give the Atlanta defense praise for a good first 30 minutes, and the Atlanta offense blame for the last 30+ minutes. That's fine, but there are other ways to look at the game. The Patriots ran 99 plays on offense (93 official snaps plus 6 snaps that incurred penalties). Not all of them were in the second half and overtime. You don't run that many plays when your offense is being shut down.
    you struck me as a knowledgeable non homer type of pats fan. the kind you don't see often on social media or football sites. they seem to be the type that have their heads buried in the sand.
    they were down by 3+ touchdowns, do you think they're going to take their time getting plays off?

and serious question here, do you think their offense had a great 1st half in the superbowl? how did you rate it? how did you feel going into 2nd half? how did you feel before hightower's sack turnover?

Starter

User Info Menu

not sure when you started to follow the post, but i said the atlanta defense slowed them down/stopped them in the 1st half and into the 3rd quarter

or, since you follow the pats more closely then us, is the 3 points at half, 5 sacks given up at halftime, and a brady pick 6 the normal kind of output you see from them after 30 minutes?
    Not the normal output, but throughout the playoffs they were a team that used the first half to figure out what would work on offense and defense, then made adjustments and was more effective in the second half. The two turnovers that Atlanta generated had a huge effect on the scoreboard, but other than those plays the Pats offense looked like it had all year.

Versus Texans: +4 in the first half (17-13), +14 in the second half. Final score: 34-17.
    Versus Steelers: +8 in the first half (17-9), +11 in the second half. Final score: 36-17.
    Versus Falcons: -18 in the first half (21-3), +24 in the second half. Finals score: 24-28.
    Last edited by tiproast; 04-26-2017 at 05:35 AM.