Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Can The Steelers Do That Will Upset You?

Legend

User Info Menu

What Can The Steelers Do That Will Upset You?

I've been catching up on the threads this week and there's a lot of interesting perspectives on players. I'm getting myself amped up thinking about some of these guys in black and gold.

But I also can't help but think, the Steelers will do something that will totally shock us. They'll pick what we perceive to be a 6th round talent in the 3rd round and they'll tell us they had him graded as a first rounder on their board.

Or they'll draft a QB early and send the board into a tizzy.

So in that context, what do you predict the Steelers will do next week that will drive the most people insane? What will get the biggest overreaction? What will drive you the most nuts?

Legend

User Info Menu

If they didn't take any defensive help in the first three rounds, that would really tick me off. If they spend their first or second on any of the available QBs, I won't be happy. If they fail to come away from this draft with some significant additions at DB and LB, I'll be upset.

Otherwise, I don't envision a scenario where they can go wrong. So much talent this year at positions of need ...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Just as long as we stay away from any RED FLAG players in the first 2 rounds. Our first two picks should have ZERO baggage. Three guys that could have 1st round grades if not for medical or off field issues are Sidney Jones , Jake Butt and Joe Mixon. Like them all but not until the 3rd round there it's value against issues.
    I'm okay rolling the dice on any of those for example just not early. Sign me up right now for Jones n Mixon in the 3rd.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    So in that context, what do you predict the Steelers will do next week that will drive the most people insane? What will get the biggest overreaction? What will drive you the most nuts?
    Go Sign RGIII

*drops mic*
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Just as long as we stay away from any RED FLAG players in the first 2 rounds. Our first two picks should have ZERO baggage. Three guys that could have 1st round grades if not for medical or off field issues are Sidney Jones , Jake Butt and Joe Mixon. Like them all but not until the 3rd round there it's value against issues.
    I'm okay rolling the dice on any of those for example just not early. Sign me up right now for Jones n Mixon in the 3rd.
    Yeah, I'd like to see the team roll the dice in round 3 on guys with medical red flags such as Sidney Jones and Jake Butt...could be great value picks once they get healthy, because they would have been drafted much earlier if they weren't injured.

But I don't want guys with other red flags like Tim Williams or Joe Mixon. It's a strong class for edge rushers and running backs, so we should still be able to get quality players at those positions with these type of issues.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Not thoroughly addressing their most pressing needs - OLB and DB. With a draft this deep at those positions, especially OLB, you have to knock it out of the park. Don't get too cute by trying to draft an undersized TE (whose not known for his blocking) from Never-heard-of-state-U. in the 4th round. When there is a bunch of (stud) edge rushers, LB's and DB's still on the board.

Legend

User Info Menu

Draft a QB in the first round or trade up would piss me off..

I think they might trade back for extra picks that may upset other but suit me fine.

Legend

User Info Menu

trade up, draft a qb in any round, draft any offense the first 3 rounds. all would piss me off..................Sprint to the podium as soon as they are on the clock to turn in their pick.......(they always do this dumb sh!t)
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Taking a QB in Round 1 would make my head explode.

Taking a WR or Off Lineman in Round 1 would give me a migraine.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Drafting Peppers or Melinfomwu at 1/30