Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Mixon on the Steelers Board.

Rookie

User Info Menu

The difference? One of them is a convicted murderer...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    She had broken bones in her jaw and cheekbone, she had an eight hour surgery, had her jaw wired shut, lost feeling in the left side of her face for six months, and had to be on a liquid diet. I also think its inappropriate to compare the actions of the two guys, but I'm not going to act like mixon gave that girl a love tap.
    Good post.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I wouldn't disagree with that. I made plenty of dumb decisions when I was younger. Still do. There are degrees of bad decisions though.

Punching a woman so hard that you shatter bones is indicative of lacking any sort of internal sense of right and wrong. It's not something that a "good kid" does.
    I didn't think he struck her that hard. I bet the falling face first into the table had more to do with the fractures then the punch.
    Of.course, there's probably no way to truly tell

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    I didn't think he struck her that hard. I bet the falling face first into the table had more to do with the fractures then the punch.
    Of.course, there's probably no way to truly tell
    He hit her hard enough for her face to hit a table and fracture her jaw.

Thats hard enough IMO.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

The way I see it...he verbalized remorse and an apology. She believed it to be sincere and accepted it. She spoke about both of them making bad decisions that night. So, it begs the question...if she has forgiven him and accepted his apology why can't we?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    The way I see it...he verbalized remorse and an apology. She believed it to be sincere and accepted it. She spoke about both of them making bad decisions that night. So, it begs the question...if she has forgiven him and accepted his apology why can't we?
    The bigger question is Why can't the league? They banned him from the combine,it's pretty clear the powers that be don't want to deal with him and the issues he brings but they will have to because he will be drafted at some point.

Legend

User Info Menu

A real "genuine" apology, issued in connection with an out of court settlement. Maybe they both believe what is in their statement, but more than likely it was part of the settlement negotiation. Let's not be so naïve.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    The bigger question is Why can't the league? They banned him from the combine,it's pretty clear the powers that be don't want to deal with him and the issues he brings but they will have to because he will be drafted at some point.
    they didn't invite him because they didn't want the story to be about HIM. it's about showcasing the players - that would've gotten lost in interviews, etc.

They realize someone will draft him. And it will be up to THAT team to manage the media circus created.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    A real "genuine" apology, issued in connection with an out of court settlement. Maybe they both believe what is in their statement, but more than likely it was part of the settlement negotiation. Let's not be so naïve.
    I believe it's a bit jaded to believe she lied as part of a settlement. This lady who the board has been so quick to defend is now a liar in your mind?

Legend

User Info Menu

Why should we?