Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Draft Challenge Contest?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    It's hard guessing which round these guys will go.
    You got that right. After a point, I'm not sure more research helps, as the "experts" are all over the map on some of these guys. For instance, I've seen them mock Kpassagnon from Villanova anywhere from the 2nd to the 5th round.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ok, the first & only Chadman mock draft for 2017...

1. Raekwon McMillan ILB
    2. Marcus Maye SS
    3a. Carroll Phillips OLB
    3b. Josh Dobbs QB
    4. Carlos Watkins DE
    5. James Connor RB
    6. Michael Roberts TE
    7. Samson Ekubam OLB

Thought it was interesting listening to Colbert say that it's a hard draft to predict because teams are evaluating players very differently this year. McMillan has been mocked from anywhere from late 1st to mid 3rd. Steelers have had 3 1st round ILB types in, all with some kind of issue. McMillan posted 4.6 in his 40, which was unexpected, and I think put him on top as his tackling isn't an issue (Cunningham) and he doesn't have that injury history (Davis). There has been significant interest in up to 7 Safeties as far as Chadman can see- writing Peppers off due to the drug thing. Maye looks the best fit for size/speed/competition. Obviously we all want an OLB. Chadman believes the Steelers will look for a 'speed' rusher- indicated by interest in McKinley, Williams, Ekubam, Phillips, Rivers & Adams. Phillips really impressed at the Senior Bowl, Steelers have brought him in & his workout numbers stack very well. Ekubam is insurance later on, not forgetting that Chikillo is still young enough to be considered a development guy. There are so many OLB types in the draft, Chadman feels the value of some is vastly overrated. Steelers have shown way too much interest in Dobbs for him not to be some kind of target, and the Comp pick at the end of the 3rd is a bonus pick anyway. There has been significant interest in DL players (8 that Chadman has noted). If Wormley falls into that 4th round- he would be the target. Connor is a popular pick that actually fits, and Roberts (TE) gets the nod over a WR or CB because Chadman feels that the Steelers know Bryant will be reinstated (far too many WR's including him to add more) and that Coty Sensabaugh added to the roster removes the need to get insurance on Golson if he busts out. Burns, Cockerill, Gay, Sensabaugh, Golson & Shabazz...there might be room for a UDFA to compete.
    Last edited by Chadman; 04-25-2017 at 01:12 AM.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Nate Wiggins CB
    2. Ricky Pearsall WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Legend

User Info Menu

1. Tak McKinley, OLB, UCLA - shoulder surgery makes this one a gift. He's leapfrogged by JJ's younger brother and Charles Harris.
    2. Sidney Jones, CB, Washington - Achilles tendon tear moves projected 1st rounder to the second round
    3a. Jake Butt, TE, Michigan - are we going for all injury team here? Ben may have to wait to get this guy, but, it'll be worth it.
    3b. Malachi Dupree, WR, LSU - Back to back picks to make Ben happy; insurance for Martavis
    4. Rayshawn Jenkins, SS, Miami - Big, fast, strong, brings the wood.
    5. Isaac Rochell, DE, Notre Dame - Provides D-line depth from a good run stuffer
    6. Jaylen Reeves-Maybin, ILB, Tennessee - covers a lot of ground from the LB position; needs to add weight
    7. Justin Davis, RB, USC - solid speed, decent runner, injury hurt 2016 season. work a shot
    Last edited by SteelerOfDeVille; 04-25-2017 at 05:55 PM.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

My head hurts, so here's what I have up to this point:

1) Obi Melifonwu S
    2) Derek Rivers OLB
    3a) Cordrea Tankersley CB
    3b) Tanoh Kpassagnon DE
    4) Kareem Hunt RB
    5) Mack Hollins WR
    6) Michael Roberts TE
    7) Samson Ebukan OLB
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

OK, this time I'm posting my final mock (really). It's predicated on a scenario where the Steelers trade back out of the first round, and snag an extra third-round pick.

2a. Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida -- instant help on the inside
    2b. Tyus Bowser, OLB, Houston -- eventually, the next James Harrison
    3a. Sidney Jones, CB, Washington -- quick recovery from injury enables him to contribute part way through the season
    3b. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma -- now we don't have to sweat an injury to Bell quite so much
    3c. Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland -- instant receiving help and a standout by next season
    4. John Johnson, S, Boston College -- can cover the slot receiver as well as handle FS role
    5. Kenny Golladay, WR, N. Illinois -- team loves this kid; a bit of insurance in case Bryant can't put down the bong
    6. Collin Buchanan, G, Miami (OH) -- a steal this late in the draft
    7. Samson Ekubam, OLB, Eastern Washington -- raw talent who will blossom under good coaching
    UDFA -- Javancy Jones, LB, Jackson State -- see above; Jones may be moved inside for the Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Take three...Final submission.

1. OLB Jordan Willis
    2. ILB Raekwon McMillan
    3. TE Adam Shaheen
    3c. DE Tanoh Kpassagnon
    4. CB Rasul Douglas
    5. RB James Conner
    6. S Lorenzo Jerome
    7. OLB Javancy Jones
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Take three...Final submission.

1. OLB Jordan Willis
    2. ILB Raekwon McMillan
    3. TE Adam Shaheen
    3c. DE Tanoh Kpassagnon
    4. CB Rasul Douglas
    5. RB James Conner
    6. S Lorenzo Jerome
    7. OLB Javancy Jones
    That would be a great haul, if it went that way.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a whopping zero.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a whopping zero.
    surely you had an edge rusher in the 1st... no?
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    surely you had an edge rusher in the 1st... no?
    Nope. But, I did get Conner and Dobbs. +6