Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: bryant reinstated this week

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Or a Trump spokesperson...
    or Hillary's............ooops, she doesnt need one tho.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Or a Trump spokesperson...
    Replacement for the next casualty (Sean Spicer)?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    or Hillary's............ooops, she doesnt need one tho.

Legend

User Info Menu

By Michael David Smith
    April 15, 2017, 12:16 PM EDT
    Martavis Bryant met with NFL this week in bid for reinstatement

Steelers receiver Martavis Bryant is still working on getting back on the field after a year-long suspension in 2016.

Bryant was at the league office on Thursday as part of his reinstatement process, Alex Marvez of Sporting News reports. Bryant, who has had multiple violations of the league’s substance-abuse policy, will need to demonstrate to the league that he has taken steps to address his substance abuse issues before he can be reinstated.

If the league’s medical office believes Bryant has taken steps toward recovery, it will recommend that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell reinstate Bryant. Goodell and Bryant will likely have a face-to-face meeting before reinstatement.

Bryant is a talented playmaker who emerged as a big-play receiver when he was available, and getting him back on the field in 2017 would be a big boost to the Steelers’ offense.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    By Michael David Smith
    April 15, 2017, 12:16 PM EDT
    Martavis Bryant met with NFL this week in bid for reinstatement

Steelers receiver Martavis Bryant is still working on getting back on the field after a year-long suspension in 2016.

Bryant was at the league office on Thursday as part of his reinstatement process, Alex Marvez of Sporting News reports. Bryant, who has had multiple violations of the league’s substance-abuse policy, will need to demonstrate to the league that he has taken steps to address his substance abuse issues before he can be reinstated.

If the league’s medical office believes Bryant has taken steps toward recovery, it will recommend that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell reinstate Bryant. Goodell and Bryant will likely have a face-to-face meeting before reinstatement.

Bryant is a talented playmaker who emerged as a big-play receiver when he was available, and getting him back on the field in 2017 would be a big boost to the Steelers’ offense.
    If the NFL does not reinstate MB before the draft, it becomes more of a punishment for the team than it does for MB. Whether he is reinstated would impact the Steelersdraft draft strategy. And not knowing, they will have to plan for the worst case.

Legend

User Info Menu

League Tells Martavis He Needs Plan In Place to Avoid Relapse Before He Can Be Reinstated

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/04/report-martavis-bryant-told-needs-relapse-prevention-plan-reinstatement/

I agree that he needs such a plan, but it would have been nice if the league had made sure he knew about this long before now. Looks as though the Steelers will go to the draft still not knowing his status.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think it does not effect the draft. I base this off the statement from Rooney. And even Colbert and Tomlin saying the same type of things. I believe they are planning for no MB as far as the draft goes. Fans are more concerned then the Steelers are as WR goes IMO.
    MB's next offense if it happens I believe is his last for the Steelers. They will let him go. IF he stays clean and is the dynamic player we have seen can they afford him anyway? And I still include the relapse risk in signing him. I don't see the Steelers not giving Coates more chances then fans do. They have there #1 WR. When have they had 2 high paid WR's? Not talking the 70's when the money was very different and no cap. Picking Holmes was to replace Ward IMO. And that did not end up well. They might just keep looking for another diamond in the later Rd's like AB. Just how I see it fire away.

Legend

User Info Menu

I see Bryant being a Steeler through the end of Ben's Window. (2 years tops). I hope the kid gets straightened out. We will definitely need him to have a shot at a SB.

Legend

User Info Menu

That's not encouraging. So, Bryant has been suspended for a year, went to rehab and doesn't have a relapse prevention plan in place? Seriously? This is something he couldn't verbalize? Yes, doctor, my relapse prevention plan is 1) going to 4 meetings a week 2) step work with my sponsor 3) calling my sponsor daily, more so when I feel the urge to use. 4) going to a meeting when I feel the urge to use 5) avoidance of old people, places and things that encouraged drug use 6) removing myself from situations where drugs are present...etc and so on. I mean it's the basics of every rehab program...to teach these things. The fact that during his interview he couldn't verbalize these things is extremely concerning. It would tell me one thing...Bryant has no interest in listening to others when it comes to his sobriety, that he has no intention of staying sober beyond football, and that he will try to white knuckle cravings until his career is over. Bad "plan" and a recipe for relapse as soon as he feels comfortable and makes a bit more money.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not encouraging at all Shawn. You are right about that.