Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LeVeon's Tweet

Legend

User Info Menu

those two first rounders for a non-exclusive tag are starting to look better?
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Is there really a team STUPID enough to give up 2 first rounders? There is baggage on this player. Has a injury history and substance history. Along with we all know if this is true he wants that over 12mil per season.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't know SS, but there was no advantage to placing an exclusive on Bell. The salaries were the same. So it was curious to me.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    he says he's not joking for what its worth

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/01/leveon-bell-suggests-hes-not-joking/
    No more "April fools" joking after this post yesterday lol.

Legend

User Info Menu

In all seriousness though... we'd better have a stout 1B option ready to go for the opener.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Well being immature has nothing to do with the "I will sit out" tactic. Not sure how this IF true will sit with the FO.
    In the past I would be really sure it is a stupid move for the player. And it still might be with the couple issues Bell has.
    If it was me in charge I would let him sit out. Draft a RB and pick up another in FA. This could be interesting or nothing. We shall see.
    Between AB and Bell, that may be part of the reason that the Steelers made sure to resolve their cap situation...

My understanding is that the Steelers have to carry his tag value for the whole year, even if he doesn't sign it. But, as long as he sits out, they don't have to pay him. If he does sit out the entire season, it is possible that part of (or all of) his tag value would roll over to next season's salary cap...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Starter

User Info Menu

Hahaha it's amazing to see the usual suspects here in this thread bashing anything and everything. It was an APRIL FOOLS JOKE.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    those two first rounders for a non-exclusive tag are starting to look better?
    It's a shame we turned down that offer from...???

oh wait, you don't own a team.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 04-02-2017 at 10:03 AM.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Between AB and Bell, that may be part of the reason that the Steelers made sure to resolve their cap situation...

My understanding is that the Steelers have to carry his tag value for the whole year, even if he doesn't sign it. But, as long as he sits out, they don't have to pay him. If he does sit out the entire season, it is possible that part of (or all of) his tag value would roll over to next season's salary cap...
    Or, you could trade him. When a player of his caliber (IMO, just to be clear on my opinion of him as a player, he is the best, most complete RB in the game--when healthy, when not suspended) starts pushing these buttons, you have to look at all options. With AP a FA, Bell's "tag" would make him the highest paid RB in the game, if only for a year. Look around Le'Veon--the RB market is not exactly the one getting paid in today's NFL. What would the hated Pats do? They'd probably turn him loose rather than put up with his BS--they sometimes do things that make you scratch your head, but they have no fear. They will adjust, they will win. Even if this is only an April Fool's joke, it's good to explore options that might make your team better. After all, how many Super Bowl's have we won with Bell as our RB?

So, in a draft that is deep with talent, trading him for some nice draft picks may make sense. I looked at 4 potential trade partners (Carolina, Cleveland, New Orleans & Washington), and though Cleveland was tempting (who cares they are in the division, they're the Stains), I chose Carolina. So, I trade L. Bell to Carolina for their 1 ( and 2 (40), and Jonathan Stewart. I then draft at 8 either Adams, Hooker or Lattimore to beef up our secondary (one will likely still be available at that spot), pick McCaffrey at 30 (Stewart & McCaffrey--two to replace one), pick T.J. Watt or Lawson at 40 (I think one of them will be available there), then the rest of our draft looks like this (assuming we end up with Lattimore-CB, at :

62 T.Basham-OLB
    94 D. Kazee-CB
    105 J. Johnson-FS
    135 G. Kittle-TE (would take a TE higher if L.Green can't pass the concussion protocol later this month at OTA's--if he can't Injury Settlement/Waive)
    173 T. Vallejo-ILB (banged up last year-can cover)
    213 J. Morgan-OG/C (replaces the "baller" Wallace)
    248 D. Henderson-RB (w/McCaffrey on board, K.Davis is probably expendable as a returner so Henderson becomes the #3)

Why not? If Bell is serious, I want value now, and this saves a bundle on our salary cap number this year and in the next few years. We will be more capable of winning number 7 with improved D than mortgaging our future on an unreliable RB.

Starter

User Info Menu

Why are people still talking about this like it's real???

https://twitter.com/L_Bell26/status/848384631972012032