Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL rumour mill

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

NFL rumour mill

**Houston thinking about Kaepernick, better than Osweller. Killer D and return of above average passing attack to go with running game. Could be interesting.

***NO decides against going after Butler

*** Seattle hearing offers for Sherman

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why would Seattle consider moving Sherman?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Why would Seattle consider moving Sherman?
    Not sure why, he was banged up last year. Maybe it has something to do with NO looking for a vet CB, and thought Butler was too expensive( giving up the 11th pick) and decided to see what they could get for Sherman.

I know sounds far fetched, but I wonnder what they are asking for him. Would you trade our 1st and our second pick in the 3rd ( which is really a high 4th pick)? Hell for conversation sake, would you trade Bell straight up for him?

I always liked Sherman, talent and firey character. How does this sound, Sherman, Burns, Davis, Mithcel, add in the legend, the phanton, Gohlsten, and Cockrell as our nickle/dime backs. Could he be the Vet, to lead our
    young DBs. Would his presence in backfield, give extra time for the pass rush to work, and eliminate half the field.

Wow, thinking about it, I would love to have great DBs!
    Last edited by steeler_george; 03-30-2017 at 08:18 AM.

Banned

User Info Menu

I hope Houston goes Kapernick. Because he's a bum; can't read defenses to pass and just like all running Qb's who can't really pass, he'll be hurt before seasons end. Houston, please do that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Not sure why, he was banged up last year. Maybe it has something to do with NO looking for a vet CB, and thought Butler was too expensive( giving up the 11th pick) and decided to see what they could get for Sherman.

I know sounds far fetched, but I wonnder what they are asking for him. Would you trade our 1st and our second pick in the 3rd ( which is really a high 4th pick)? Hell for conversation sake, would you trade Bell straight up for him?

I always liked Sherman, talent and firey character. How does this sound, Sherman, Burns, Davis, Mithcel, add in the legend, the phanton, Gohlsten, and Cockrell as our nickle/dime backs. Could he be the Vet, to lead our
    young DBs. Would his presence in backfield, give extra time for the pass rush to work, and eliminate half the field.

Wow, thinking about it, I would love to have great DBs!
    I couldn't see it happening, but yeah, I'd move our first and a third for Sherman. He has 2 years left on his deal, each with a reasonable cap hit (around $11/year). He's 28, so he should have 2 good years left. A secondary with Sherman and Burns, if Burns grows this year, could be a real force.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I couldn't see it happening, but yeah, I'd move our first and a third for Sherman. He has 2 years left on his deal, each with a reasonable cap hit (around $11/year). He's 28, so he should have 2 good years left. A secondary with Sherman and Burns, if Burns grows this year, could be a real force.
    Sherman is already on the decline, or else Seattle wouldn't entertain the thought of moving him. No way I'd give up a first round pick for him.

Banned

User Info Menu

I'm not giving a first and a third for a CB that has seen his best days already.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He likes to make millions in this country and doesn't have a clue what the US flag stands for....
    Stands for the Freedoms you have not what you don't have...also stands for the Service men and women who have died and currently serving this country........
    They will loose a huge fan base....Selfish scum.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    He likes to make millions in this country and doesn't have a clue what the US flag stands for....
    Stands for the Freedoms you have not what you don't have...also stands for the Service men and women who have died and currently serving this country........
    The flag gives us the freedom to protest. Those folks died for our freedom to stand, sit, raise a fist or even burn the flag.

No one has to stand for the anthem. This isn't China or N. Korea.

It's misguided to force someone to stand while screaming land of the free.

I think YOU don't have a clue what our flag stands for.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 03-30-2017 at 09:54 AM.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    You're talking about Kaepernick, aren't you?

I have to laugh about the NFL trying all these different measures to get viewership back up where it was (eliminating commercials after PATs, speeding up challenges, etc.) ... when the single biggest reason for the decline in viewership was Kaepernick and his buddies refusing to stand for the pledge. At least that's how it appears to me. It's amazing how many people told me they'd quit watching the NFL for that reason, and I suspect that wasn't just the case in my neck of the woods.