Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Le'Veon Bell

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Martavis Bryant is a prime example of that and let's face it, as Steelers fans a lot of us have concerns that Bell could also screw up again and be suspended for an entire season. Why do we worry about that? Because of his past behavior.
    theres a much better chance of a people continuing to be who they are than turning themselves around..
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's been a few years since the incident and he has no other blemishes since so I would give him the benefit of the doubt but that's me idk what our Steelers think. We would not get a back that good in the mid rounds however in the 2nd we would likely be passing up on a quality corner. Since we need a 6-10 carry guy as a complement to Bell I would likely pass until we filled a few holes on D. If he was there at 105 bring up the card.

Banned

User Info Menu

Martavis Bryant is a prime example of that and let's face it, as Steelers fans a lot of us have concerns that Bell could also screw up again and be suspended for an entire season. Why do we worry about that? Because of his past behavior.
    But you can't re-condemn someone BEFORE it happens again. You can't do it to Mixon, Big Ben, Bryant, no one until it happens. Now does it happen? Of course but everyone has to be treated like an individual because everyone IS an individual. Your convicting Mixon of doing something again when nothing has happened.
    Last edited by Real Deal Steel; 03-23-2017 at 07:25 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    But you can't re-condemn someone BEFORE it happens again. You can't do it to Mixon, Big Ben, Bryant, no one until it happens. Now does it happen? Of course but everyone has to be treated like an individual because everyone IS an individual. You sound crazy convicting Mixon of doing something again when nothing has happened.
    If I sound crazy then it's likely from working in corrections where Antisocial Personality Disorder is the new normal.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Since we need a 6-10 carry guy as a complement to Bell I would likely pass until we filled a few holes on D. If he was there at 105 bring up the card.

Backup

User Info Menu

We already have a leaveon bell

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coolie Man View Post
    We already have a leaveon bell
    exactly... we have more pressing needs early in the draft
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

The best way to predict future behavior is to simply look at past behavior.
    Not true, many, many people make mistakes and turn their lives around.

#7 says hi.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    theres a much better chance of a people continuing to be who they are than turning themselves around..
    Strongly disagree.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    Odds that a woman beats on him while hurling ethnic slurs AGAIN seems kinda unlikely.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher